Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Get Rid of the Crackle..........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Instead of having peoples system crackle when there settings aren't right why not just have the sound drop out?? I would much rather hear nothing then that crackle. My system is fine but it just a thought and no I'm not a programmer so I don't know what causes the crackle or static but no sound is better then that..........

If I'm way off feel free to lock it up
Huey

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 11:43 am
agreed

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 12:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would rather have people complain of crackle and then get their system tweaked - than people saying VirtualDJ is crap because the sound drops. With a 'crackle' at least people know there is possibly something 'wrong' - with NO sound they will just think it is broke and no good.

I know you guys see it all the time in the forums and we see it in support as well.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 12:56 pm
what would be cool is some sort test algorithm or test sequence of some sort that would tell you if your settings are correct..

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 2:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And how would that even be possible to come up with - with the 1000s of hardware combinations out there???

What people need to do is run things in steps - not just MAX out every setting for fastest performance right after they install the software or some sound card - then claim everything is messed up.

99.9% of the people don't even know what they are touching ... and I will give you 1 example --

How many times do you see people posting in the forum about changing the Latency setting IN VirtualDJ????

Read the manual and what it says about that option - then you will understand why everyone makes their own mistakes - not VirtualDJ making them.

*** fyi - I wrote that with a smile - not being angry or mean ***

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 3:13 pm
cstoll wrote :
I would rather have people complain of crackle and then get their system tweaked - than people saying VirtualDJ is crap because the sound drops. With a 'crackle' at least people know there is possibly something 'wrong' - with NO sound they will just think it is broke and no good.

I know you guys see it all the time in the forums and we see it in support as well.

Agreed, you can lock this up if you'd like....

Thanks for the time and info
Huey

Posted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 1:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)