Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Mixtrack Pro Cueing Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay setup:
Laptop
Numark Mixtrack Pro
Berihnger Xenyx 1204 FX

My Problem:

No matter what I try I can;t get it to cue music through the external mixer or the Mixtrack. I can hear the music when hooked into the external mixer or the mixtrack but I can't cue music up on the headphones without it sounding through to the speakers. This is proving to be a huge problem. Any help?

Posted Sat 08 Oct 11 @ 7:51 pm
Hello Buddy.

A bit vague with what you posted but I'll try to help you.

In your VDJ make sure you have your sound settings set like this...

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones (Master: 1&2 / Headphones: 3&4)
Soundcard: NUMARK

Also at the back of your NUMARK Mixtrack Pro there are two Phono outputs.

Make sure you are only using the 1st one, the 2nd one will output what you hear thru the headphones.

Hope that helped buddy!

Posted Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 8:12 am
Well thanks for the post finally someone etleast tries. Maybe I can be a little more specific.

Maybe it's impossible but what I want to do is listen to the song in the headphones only. Listen to it in the headphones without it playing out the speakers. That way I can set up cue points and the like. Does that help any?

thanks!

Posted Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 11:38 pm
Of course it's not impossible!

Headphone cue is a standard thing on DJ equipment, and has been for many years.

When using external sound hardware with DJ software though, you do have to set your sound options up correctly.

As there are so many options that people may want, it's not possible for VDJ to just have one setting that works for all.

You will have to set it up to match your particular hardware.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 11 @ 3:54 am
Please see the following page for the correct sound settings for using the MixTrack Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MixTrack%20Pro.html

You will need to connect the master output on the back of the MixTrack to the Behringer 1204 FX and then plug your headphones into the headphone socket of the MixTrack Pro itself.

Obviously, when pre-listening, you will need to either move the crossfader of the MixTrack Pro across to the deck that is playing out live or bring down the volume slider of the deck that you are pre-listening to, otherwise it will play out live through the master output.

If you wish to do your mixing and pre-listening from the Behringer itself instead of the MixTrack, then this is a different matter. For a start, you would need a suitable multi-channel external DJ sound card such as the Numark DJIO. The MixTrack Pro does not have enough outputs to output two decks separately (It's designed for master+headphones using its internal MIDI software mixer.) Also, the Behringer model above appears to be designed for band use rather than DJ, so may not have headphone pre-listening capabilities.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 11 @ 5:09 am
Lori86PRO InfinityMember since 2011
How can I use my laptop as the master output and my headphones as the cue? I tried using the "none, headphones, numark" settings and it would play everything on my headphones. I don't have external speakers I only have the mixtrack pro and my macbook pro.

Posted Wed 28 Dec 11 @ 11:59 am

Posted Wed 28 Dec 11 @ 4:17 pm
ahg87Home userMember since 2011
I am also having this same problem but with a slightly different set up.

I run the Mixtrack Pro with the Pioneer DJM-900 mixer. It is connected through the mixtrack output into mixer but the sound that is coming out through the bars speakers is the sound that i should be hearing in my headphones pre mixing. Also, the sound only plays once i have hit the cue button so it is impossible to beat match a track through my headphones and i am left visually beat matching on screen, very tedious after a while.

If anyone can help me with what i should do or how i should set up id really appreciate it. You can also email me directly @ ***

Thanks

MODERATOR NOTE - CONTACT DETAILS FROM NO-LICENCE USERS ARE NOT ALLOWED PER THE FORUM RULES

KEITH

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 2:49 pm

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 5:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)