Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark V7 has developed a weird glitch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I love my Numark V7 paired with my Virtual DJ, but yesterday it picked up a glitch.

I often hold down the platter while it is paused, then press play or a hot cue, then baby scratch into the start of a song or a sample. So essentially I have pressed play either with the play button or a hot cue, but I'm not letting it play because I am holding the platter. It has always worked fine since I received the unit.

Now, when I do that, it starts playing as if I am not holding the platter, then after about 2 seconds it pauses (because I am holding the platter). It is as if there is a delay from when I press play and when VDJ realizes that the platter is not spinning.

I tried using it with Serato Itch and it works fine. I rebooted the computer. I went into the mapper and clicked the reset map button. I re-downloaded & installed the current driver from Numark. But it is still doing it. Any thoughts?

Toshiba A660
8GB Ram
Windows 7

Fortunately it happended while I was practicing in my office and not at the gig this weekend.

Thanks guys.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 9:56 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Have you moved "Motor Torque" on the console?

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 3:54 pm
No, I haven't touched it.

I've been playing with it and I have more specifics on when it does it. Whenever it is paused. It is easy recreateable.

If it is paused and I press play or a hot cue, it just starts playing regardless of whether or not I'm holding the platter. It sucks.

But it is a new glitch, because it wasn't doing it a couple of days ago.

Posted Wed 03 Aug 11 @ 7:20 pm
Mine has been doing that as well since about last fall. I solved it a couple times by reinstalling itch, but it comes back once in a blue moon. now I'm having trouble getting rid of it again. Virtual DJ PLEASE PROVIDE A SOLUTION TO THIS! I love the combination of the V7 and VDJ.

Posted Fri 16 Mar 12 @ 6:28 pm
Mmm im the same i have had my v7s for almost a two years and not a single time have my decks work once without crashing...
There must be something clashing with the v7s and drivers on vj...

Posted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 7:47 am
It is an annoyance, but I have learned to live with it. I love my v7's too much. Even though I don't use a 10th of what they are capable of, I get tond of compliments on them, and even a coupleo of gigs just because people came up and thought they were cool.

Posted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 8:26 am
I know buddy once your at a gig you would be afraid to push them and get the most out of them... Incase they crash... they look great and perform great once they are working.
But too get work 100% is the key.. Any ides

Posted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 9:47 am
I have tried about everything, except reinstalling itch. I reinstalled the drivers multiple times, but it didn't help. Another post above references reinstalling itch, the program the V7's were built for. At this point it is worth a shot.

However, unlike you, I have not have the actual V7's crash on me yet. They just have a weird glitch in the operation of the turntable relative to the software. If I get time I might post a video on what it's doing.

Posted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 1:04 pm
What happens mine is into maybe 30mims of a gig there will be a baby skip and then both decks will go into master mode.... I wonder if its something on the toshiba laptops we have which is cause a conflict of drivers.
Probly just something small if i come up with something i will let you know..

Posted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 5:19 am
I figured out my problem. It is a command in the mapper that makes the song instant start versus getting that ramp up sound. The command is under motor_torque in the mapper.

Posted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 8:54 pm
Virtual dj was a solution ever found for this problem, it happens once every blue moon for me and I can't figure out how to solve it consistently.

Posted Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 1:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)