Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Vector graphics a standard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Vector graphics, for quick resizing, and so the skin devs won't have to make so many of the same skin for different resolutions

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 2:26 pm
Been wanting this for so long, so a big +1 from me.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 6:11 am
+1 here

Don't take away skins, but add an option to run like 99.9% of other computer software, and fit nicely to the screen size.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 9:29 am
+1
we need this, it will be so much easier in the download section and on the pc

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 8:52 am
how do you handle the position of the buttons in relation to the mouse pointer? I thought thats why vector couldnt be used? #'s wouldnt always correspond?

It would also limit the # of people who could build their own skins wouldnt it?

Posted Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 3:40 pm
DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hippydog wrote :
how do you handle the position of the buttons in relation to the mouse pointer? I thought thats why vector couldnt be used? #'s wouldnt always correspond?

It would also limit the # of people who could build their own skins wouldnt it?

i wouldn't see how that would limit the number of people, unless building vector graphics is a bit more advanced...

Posted Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 7:04 pm
Definitely a +1 from me

Posted Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 8:15 pm
DJGCE wrote :

i wouldn't see how that would limit the number of people, unless building vector graphics is a bit more advanced...

alls i know is none of my graphics software has that ability.. so I assume vector graphics IS more advanced.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 11:39 am
Vector graphics are easier to draw on a drawing application but the "coding" is 100% object orientated.
In other words you define a button and the properties (like the command it executes) follow the BUTTON element, not it's on screen co-ordinates.

Generally speaking vector graphics are easier to be made for the majority of people but it's harder (even for professionals) to get that "eye-candy/polished/HD/true" look. You will never be able to "re-create" the most of the advanced (in graphic terms) skins that exist for VDJ in vector graphics.
They will always look like "fake".

That's not bad, but it's fact. You will never be able to create controller-like skins for instance that don't look like "toys" :)

However I believe that the best "option" would be support for both types of graphics (perhaps two different skin engines) and a new default skin in VECTOR format so that new users don't have to worry about screen res or end up with an ugly display until they bother to download a skin meant for their native resolution.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 6:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)