Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Aspect Ratio Adjustment on the fly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not all the videos are the same aspect ratio and certainly there are more aspect ratios than Widescreen and NTSC (4:3).
Also I noticed that some of the DJs & VJs are having problems with the type of display they are using (Widescreen or NTSC). I believe having the ability to adjust Aspect Ratios on the fly would be great.

Implemented by adding an icon on every deck that will adjust the aspect ratio of an individual video just like the BPM function; maybe having the "advanced" options when you right click a video and be able to save that information.

The video settings on the configuration options could be used to select the type of display that you will be using (just like the sound card settings) and not like currently is used for keep aspect ratio (crop or full) option only.

This may require a lot of code rewrite, but it would help everybody around the world with the different kinds of aspect ratios. I personally have videos that are 1:1, 4:3, 16:9, 2.39:1, 5:4, etc. and even if I select crop or full, the final output for some of the videos would not be the correct one and still appear stretched horizontally or vertically, depending on the actual aspect ratio of the video. Will also help to identify properly the correct aspect ratio of some misidentified aspect ratios. Ex. I have some widescreen videos that are incorrectly identified as NTSC or vice versa, or other aspect ratios as well.

Posted Wed 18 May 11 @ 1:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)