Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question about music sources

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if it is possible to get vocal only tracks and instrumental only tracks. I have seen instrumental only cd's and albums. What I want to know is how some DJs get completely vocal tracks at moments. Do they use music software or something else? Plus if they do use editing software how to they get the vocals so perfectly "clean". If anyone knows of an online store where I could buy some vocal only tracks please post. THANKS

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 3:08 am
hey, vocals only are called accapellas, and the others are called instrumentals

and i no an awseome record store, beatstreet.ca i believe that sells records of song, on the records most of the time comes, the dirty version, clean version, accapella and instrumental, they are pretty cool, but there are also online stores where u can just get a song or the instrumental ect.. just go to google.ca and search for accapella store or something, i get all mine from beatstreet so ya

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 3:17 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Prettty well brennan, thanks for your sharing.

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 4:08 am
tipsyHome userMember since 2005
When a DJ suddenly transitions from a full song to an acapella he has to line both the tracks up. For example, You have a song playing on deck 1. You would then cue up the same record on deck 2, but load the instrumental/acapella and sync the two so they are in the exact same spot. When you want to have just the instrumental/acapella running, just crossfade over.
I placed most of the language in dummy terms because newbs might be reading this post, didn't mean to offend anyone.

hope you have fun

peace,
tipsy

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 4:25 am
acw_dj, hey um, i was wondering what u meant by your pretty well comment thing, i dont understand wat ur saying lol, im curios is this an insult or a compliment, it looks like a compliment, but im often insulted, so im not to sure,

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 8:43 am
lol :) I'd take it at as a compliment. You mentioned a good record store, that also is a good tip for the whole community.

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 8:59 am
alright good

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 7:14 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
www.traxsource.com

This is an online House music store, they sell lots of great accapelas tracks for about $1.99 each.

And it is accapelas that DJ's use, not editing software, it wouldn't really be possible unless the vocals were 'free' of all other sounds, which is unlikely and limited at best.

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 7:47 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
That's why no plugin can take all the music off from a track. Try using the plugin Vocals Remover v2. It will never be perfect!

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 11:58 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 11:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)