Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: thinking of buying VDJ, some, questions about TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

123leoHome userMember since 2005

Hi, i'm completely new to this program, i currently have the demo, and even with the restrictions on the demo i already love it. I will be purchasing it soon when i get paid.

I do have some questions. I most likley want to get a TCV setup. When you have a TCV set up do you lose any of the functionality in the program such as the beat matching feature, beat lock, pitch control, loops etc...

The reason i ask is becuase what if i change the pitch from within the program, (for example if i press the beatmatch button) then slider on my turntable will then be offset from the pitch that is on VDJ. Or does the beat synch button even work while using a TCV setup?? im confused.

thanks a bunch.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 8:51 pm
Yes you can use the pitch control on your turntable to change the BPM of your track in VDJ. If you want to use the beatlock feature, I believe VDJ will ignore your pitch setting on your turntable. I don't use TCV so I can't be sure. I telling you how I think it works. As a side note though, me personally, I never use the beatlock feature, not once.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 9:05 pm
thanks for the info, but i'm still not sure about what i asked earlier, can anybody help??

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 1:04 am
hey, i can help, i hope... u still have all the features in virtual dj if u use tcv... i am quite sure this is the way they work, plz correct me if im wriong, but the tcv,s dont actually have the song on them, the just take all the movements from your record, and apply therm to the song in virtual dj... so if u beatlock something in virtual dj, its changing the song, and since the song isnt on the vynil the record speed means nothing, unless its not at 0%, in that case im not to sure, but if ur gonna buy the tcv's order everyhting u need now, cuz the shipping is pretty long... so i hoped i answered your questions

-Brennan

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 2:38 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Brennan your are right in almost everything you said. When you work with VDJ and the TCV's (or TCCDs) you be able to work all the VDJ functions, or do the mix like it was in the Vinyl moving the pitch slider on the Turntable. Is up to you. You can use the TCV's for play the song and scratch it or do manual things with it and use all VDJ features, or use it like it was the real vinyl of the song, and only use VDJ as your songs selector. You have both worlds, is up to you what you want to. Some of us use the TCV's like it was the real vinyl of the song so we don't use the beatmatch and the pitch in the VDJ, we use the TTs like it always be.

Regards,

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 4:00 am
WOW, thank you both very much for the usefull information!!!

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 7:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)