Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VDJ Script V.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, I'm trying to create some really "smart" mapping for my controller that should be accompanied with a custom skin.
In the middle of this process I run several times on some "limitations" of the current VDJ script engine...

First of all we need a true If-Then-ElseIf-Else-End If logic that will support nested "If-Then-ElseIf-Else-End If" commands... When you're trying to map a button to do several things with the current script language it becomes a lot confusing and most of the time is hit & miss.
Also I'm finding that I have to write extremely long code in order to achieve things that with a true "If-Then-ElseIf-Else-End If" logic I would need half of the code...

Second we need the ability to run timers or watchguards. I know that I can use queries, however the queries run only when I press a button or move a slider, e.t.c... We need the ability to run queries CONSTANTLY.

Finally we need the ability to perform math tasks from within a mapper or skin.

If we can get these additions we can name it VDJ Script V2 Engine :P

PS: While I am on it, I still wish that we could create mappers with both ways: The new "VDJ script" XML way, and the old-fashioned .dll way... The reason I wish this was possible is that C++ has all the "power" to do whatever one can think of without been limited by the current limitations of VDJ script, or lack of complex math functions support...

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 2:32 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You could always do the maths and timers in a base class C++ plugin, passing the results to VDJ Script in the meantime.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 12:53 pm
Thanks SBDJ. I'll have to check that again. I always wondered what the "other" plugin category do in VDJ, so I guess it's for such "base" plugins, right?

PS: I know that your time is very limited, but I wonder if you could just copy/paste some code example to get it running... C++ is not my cup of tea but I can handle it with a lot of Google help... :P (That's how I created my HC4500 dll mapper in first place) Thanks!

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 5:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats exactly right - the plugins don't activate, you spawn a thread and do stuff there. You can still get GUI controls, but at present there is no VDJScript to control them AFAIK. To that end, I tend to interface with them via VDJScript variables.

I'll post some code up later :)

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 6:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)