Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Final Cut Pro Video Remix Guide

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK guys & girls I'm going to need your help with this one...
I've been looking for a simple to follow guide for importing, remixing & exporting your videos with FCP.
Currently this is what I have done (if I am wrong or there is a better way please correct me!)

1. Take my DVD and extract the music video I want to remix (.vob file) [I use DVDDecrypter]
2. Convert that .vob file to a .mov file [I use MPEG Streamclip]
3. Take my new audio file (.mp3) and convert it to AIFF [I use iTunes]
4. Open up .mov & .aif files in FCP and edit
5. Here is where I need help...I have exported my new remixed video to "QuickTime Movie" then burned onto a DVD using Toast Titanium

Now, I would like to end up with a new remixed .vob file that is as close as possible to the original quality as the video I started with. How would I do this? Thanks in advance!

Posted Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 7:04 pm
Wow! Over 70 views & no one here has any input?!

Posted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 6:54 pm
Probably because you chose the most complicated method of a simple video mix that any of us has ever seen. Have you uploaded any of the finished video remixes anywhere?...youtube perhaps, so we can see what your end result is?

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 9:52 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Never used FCP but, after ripping it off the disc why all the converting, just keep it to mpg2 and it will be fine.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 10:40 am
Agree with Paul, If the software wont see VOB just rename the .vob to .mpg and try

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 8:17 pm
Honestly I wanted to use as few steps as possible without making it complicated, but this is the best way I found with FCP.
I used to use Sony Vegas, but with the new mac I wanted to try FCP. I couldn't find a "guide", so this is what I came up with, I find this way works well & the results are clean & clear. If anyone uses an easier method please let me know, I'd like to try it out.

I tried renaming the .vob file to .mpg, but I lose the audio.

Thanks for the input!

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 7:39 pm
Cannot really help, but I know, that video objects (vob) are mpeg2 format. Maybe renamig to another file extension would help?

Posted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 6:41 am

Sorry guys, that way did not work. FCP would not import mpeg2, mpg or mpeg files.
For now I'll stick with my way...until someone can give me a better method. lol.
Thanks.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 5:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)