Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: I need good latancy V7 numark with dn-1600

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mawonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have one v7 numark turntable with a denon dn-1600 midi mixer. I have a toshiba laptop with 4 gb of memory and windows 7, intel core 2 duo cpu t6600@2.2ghz

when playing video after a while I get glitches at time, but I did not install a fresh copy of my windows before installing vdj( since i don't have
the windows7 cd)

but now I want to go all out, and get a system that i know will give the best video performances without any glitches or nothing like video freezing.
I want to be able to scratch play two videos at the same time ect ect... I'm aiming on being able to throw big events. So much that I'm not looking at a laptops no more. I'm so scared to get a blue screen during a gig(my phobia), so i was wandering if a intel i7(920) processor with 8 gb of memory can GUARANTY that i wont have any problems mixing lets say 5 or 6 ours without having any bug.

Is any body using a desktop or laptop with I7 or I5 and can tell me if it works well for video deejaying. I has to be able to run 2 turntables with the the motor on and midi mixer, while playing video scratching spining disk, using effects and transition whith video not skiping or nothing. I have been looking for this information now for a
while and can't find it.

When ever I have a glitches with my laptop. I see the cpu indicator go all the way up. I Imagine that a good cpu with graphic card would prevent something like that.

help anyone, and virtualdj support let me know what you think

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 12:59 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
one of My backups I think is the same computer you have , and it does not play well with the v7s and ns7, i have mine maxed out to 8 gig of ram and your video card is integrated right....... the problem is the processor is too slow its right on the edge and when you do video it just loads cpu about 3/4 percent then as night goes on its hot and gets glitchy, I run it with a bytecc aluminum dual fan cooler and that has helped. I have my latency set at 256 and i have issues here and there, with the denon 3700s i had no problem with this current notebook

Sincerely DJ Jamm

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 11:56 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
as far as computers , processor is the most important thing with vdj -- im running a notebook my main gig machine which has a I7 960 desktop processor and and nvida gtx280 and it is grt with vdj and videos with ns7 or v7s ---

DJ JAMM

Posted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 12:01 am
thanks for your advice. I will go for i7 950 probably. with 12 gb memory. I guess a video gig must be at least 500$ so the equipment will
pay itself quick.

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 2:20 am
I got a desktop(mini atx) and all of my problems all soved. I can finally use vdj to the fullest without any glitch what so ever.

I7 960
256 bit vid card (1 gig memory)
4 gig memory

Posted Sat 05 Mar 11 @ 10:27 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Memory has nothing to do with it according to Numark. The Processor has to meet or exceed the 2.4 ghz MINIMUM spec. With minimum you will never get low latency.

I run my NS7 on a 3.2 ghz i5 desktop, Win 7 64 bit, 8 gig ram and it iworks perfect at 256 which is middle of your latency options.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 7:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)