Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Midi Output and Deck Specific Midi Learn

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'd like to have the ability to select midi-in / midi-out ports as well as when learning the midi control on a specific deck, the resulting command is deck specific as opposed to being generic like instead of "play" it would be "deck 1 play" or whatever.

Also, just an idea, having some sort of built-in mapping help would be cool, I'm always going to the verb list or getting confused when trying to map complex verbs using vars and such

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 12:23 pm
You can already do the "deck specific" commands. Like deck 1 cue_delete or deck 4 key_lock. Just add what deck you want in front of the command. As far as the midi in midi out I don't know about that stuff.

Huey

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 12:32 pm
You can already do this by making a proper definition file for your MIDI controller: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html

In a definition file you can specify the MIDI channel and the deck number, e.g:

<button note="0x43" name="PLAY" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<button note="0x43" name="PLAY" deck="2" channel="1"/>

This allows you to map PLAY just once to the action play_pause and it will automatically apply to the correct deck. It will also take re-assignment to other deck numbers (E.g: 3 & 4) into account automatically.

With Simple MIDI Wrapper, you would have to map each PLAY button separately and add deck 1 or deck 2 (Or deck left / deck right for compatibility with more than 2 decks) in front of the action for it to apply to the correct deck.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 1:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)