Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Shortcut for switching video preview screens

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is possible to make a shorcut for just about every function of VDJ so I am surprised this isn't already available. Basically, I would like to see a shortcut for the video preview screen that allows you to switch between '1', '1+2', and '2' without using the mouse. I could then map that to a MIDI knob like I do for the 4 transition effects and also to switch between the many visualization plugins. Please make the possible values 1, 2, 3 because I haven't yet figured out how to map a -1, 0, 1 value-set to a knob.

Thanks,
-Frd

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 4:52 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK, I did find a workaround to this, but would still prefer a better solution.
A shortcut can be made if you know the number of each of those pannels in the skin. These numbers can be found by examining the xml file for the skin. A shortcut can then be made either directly to the shorctcuts.xml file, or in the shortcut tool under 'skin_pannels'.

Of course, if you change skins, then the shortcuts wouldn't necessarily point to the same pannels and may do something completely different if anything at all.

I would like to see a solution for this that would be consistent across skins and wouldn't require examination of the skin.xml file to implement. I have some ideas how this could be done, so if the dev team can feel free to contact me if necessary.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)