Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Mapper feature

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I would like a "back" or "undo" button for all those times I mess up a good command trying to make it better.

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 10:48 pm
Hahaa!! ++1 on this. Ive done that too many times so now I always open notepad and copy and paste the script before I try to change it, lmao!

Huey

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 10:56 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Me too, with the notepad thing and it is a pain. Then I end up with tons of ideas everywhere and it is just chaos!

Something else I was thinking of is, It would be nice and easy to read if when editing a key, there were drop down boxes with all the commands. Like iTunes uses for smart playlists.

or more detailed, you can get really specific with this too:

May make scripting allot easier to follow when you have 12+ commands in 1 macro string. Like the NSFX map. I usually break it down into chunks in note pade to be abale to unsderstand it and modify to my needs. Like this FX button string:

Thier view - action_deck 1 ? var_equal "modeA" 0 ? loop : var_equal "modeA" 1 ? var_equal "FX" 0 ? deck 1 effect active : deck 1 sampler play_stop : var_equal "modeA" 2 ? nothing : var_equal "modeA" 3 ? video_fx : nothing : var_equal "modeB" 0 ? loop : var_equal "modeB" 1 ? var_equal "FX" 0 ? deck 2 effect active : deck 2 sampler play_stop : var_equal "modeB" 2 ? nothing : var_equal "modeB" 3 ? video_fx : nothing

My View - action_deck 1 ?
var_equal "modeA" 0 ? loop :
var_equal "modeA" 1 ? var_equal "FX" 0 ? deck 1 effect active : deck 1 sampler play_stop :
var_equal "modeA" 2 ? nothing :
var_equal "modeA" 3 ? video_fx :
nothing :
var_equal "modeB" 0 ? loop :
var_equal "modeB" 1 ? var_equal "FX" 0 ? deck 2 effect active : deck 2 sampler play_stop :
var_equal "modeB" 2 ? nothing :
var_equal "modeB" 3 ? video_fx :
nothing

When you break it at the "Var"s, it gets very easy to see the action that is being called for and the questions that follow.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 7:18 am
rdhrknsPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Good example from DHoude. This approach would really make it more accessible then the current format of scripting. Which, for more advanced syntaxes, is not extremely friendly to use. This approach is much easier to follow along and de-bug. It would really unleash the power of VDJ's Scripting engine.

My vote !

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 2:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)