Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Broadcast Filename

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'd like to see the filename change when someone tunes into listen to a broadcast. So if i was playing "candy shop" and mixed to "yeah" then the filename which is shown in winamp or whateva could change too :o) rather than staying static as "virtualdj"

I've seen this done through shoutcast (and i think there is an option for it somewhere in the settings) but wud be cool

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 8:23 pm
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 5:50 pm
It does already do this...I realise this post is old but I'm just back from Holliday in Tenerife.

It won't change on the SHOUTcast stream immediately as you change song because of the delay involved.

I've tested this and it does work with Winamp but not WMP.

Ross.

Posted Sat 02 Jul 05 @ 2:11 am
even if u selected "broadcast from my own computer" option? i've tried this and my mates say it keeps saying "nebula", not sure why it does this either lol. is it cos i put details into the boxes below under the "broadcast to a radio server" selection?

Anyhoo, am i doing anything wrong?

Posted Sat 02 Jul 05 @ 7:21 pm
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well I've tried every setting there is and it does not work using my Hercules Console, you can change the title manually in the DSP but automatic update will not work. I've used shoutcast on a regular basis for over a year.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 12:19 pm
:o( Ah well, that sucks but nevermind eh. still one kick ass program!!!

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 3:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)