Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Display text files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Curently when you select a playlist, all songs in that playlist will be displayed in the "File window". I would like the option to do the same with text files.
If a text file is in one of my folders it will be shown like mp3's and playlists. If you select the file the text in the document is displayed in the "file window".
This is very usefull if you have a list (copied from an e-mail) with requests for a wedding. You could view the text without leaving VDJ and opening notepad.

this probably could also solve this request
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13363

it could also solve the request of a next singer screen. Before teh gig you hit all the singers in order to a text file and view this file when spinning.
Regards Ewout

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 8:01 pm
And how are you gonna know all the singers names in advance...what if it's just in a bar and they come and go throughout the night??

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 2:48 am
When you want to enter a singer you have to switch to notepad. Add the singer and save the file. Viewing could be done then with VDJ. When you announce the singer you could look at your VDJ screen and still are able to start the song, cross fade use effects etc.
Any comments, additions or other thoughts are welcome
Ewout

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 8:59 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
May i suggest a mini notepad embeded in Virtual dj, like cubase has one..

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 3:01 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you bored to switch (alt-tab) with notepad ?
But you're right a notepad included in the plugin window could be a constructive option.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 7:49 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Me ..no ! I have always a "@notes.txt" file at the start menu, to write anything i need to remember, or ..girls phones.., or even ..posts for this forum (copy/paste later), if i found a bug...

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 8:11 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The most important - girls phones ;)

I use notes too, but it would be great to have it inside VDJ.

Dj Nikki

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 11:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)