Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: MP3 and KOK files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

the kok format is a simple text format for synchronize and MP3 in order to display the song in karaoke.
this format has been created by http://www.delmp3karaoke.com

It would be very interesting for KJ (karaoke jockey) that VDJ read this format because kok file is very easy to make and modify (against bin or cdg). A kok file is a text file about 5Ko, against 50Mo for a the same song in video format.
With the MP3 song, the song text (contained in the KOK file, same name but different extension) will be display in the video screen on the video bitmap.

Thanks
(my english is nos very good)

The KOK file text is like this:
1,56000;This ;2,12006;is ;2,5678;the ;3,02345;first ;3,4321; line;
4,09877;This ;4,52026;is ;4,8678;the ;5,02345;se;5,5234;cond ;5,9321; line;

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 5:08 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Good idea, with 5kb files for the kok file, it would be very interesting.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 1:32 am
not in the v3.1
perhaps in 3.2...

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 9:49 pm
Actually this sounds like a very interesting idea.

I wouldn't have thought about using the format myself before now although I experimented with something simmilar in the past.

The idea I'm thinking of with this format could be very interesting for Club DJ's or even just Party Dj's who do Karaoke and or Video.

You wouldn't necesarilly just use this for karaoke but you could if you wished make a KOK file containing the lyrics and timing of the song, puerly for sing-along purposes...perhaps in a new version of VDJ we will be able to overlay one decks video over visualisations.
Soyou have the option of using it with your karaoke (instrumental) files or even for normal CD's you've ripped yourself, could create your own KOK file.

You could even make it so that it was instructions in action songs like "Clap your hands", "Stamp your feet" like Simon says

Nice suggestion Karazouke.
Ross.

Posted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 12:19 am
if it's free ok vdj should use it

Posted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 11:47 pm
not in the 3.2? perhaps in 3.3

use kok format is free
I would like to say that kok format can be use to make a text prompt with song file (mp3, wma, etc...) or films files (for subtitles).

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 4:45 pm
not in the 3.3, not in the 3.4. perhaps in 4.0?
I'm waiting for this... please...
this would be a revolution in karaoke's softs.
There is no soft able to mix karaoke file (kar, mp3+kok, kfn, ...).
VDJ is able to mix videos but video files are too big!
So I think it will be easy for VDJ to display the texte contained in kok file by the videos screens.

Posted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 10:36 pm
Kazouke,
in the current version you could play mp3+g files. These zipped files are just a little larger in size than a normal mp3. So you could try these also.
Ewout

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 7:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)