Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Next Singer Screen

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
With splash/logo capability.

This is what has kept me a Sax & Dotty user for so long.
It is such a shine to the normal show.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 2:24 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

Can't understand your request.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 1:31 am
WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT?

Ok,
As we search and load tracks for singers, the program prompts us for the singers name, bill or jill or whatever.
When the lyrics screen finishes and closes the screen below that (next singer window) appears and it keeps the rotation going as people can see who is next.
Along with this is the ability to share that screen with a logo jpeg or whatever which can match color and font.
As we hit play and fade off the background music the NS disappears and the lyric (window) opens over the NS screen.
It is too schlick and really puts the polish on the whole presentation making it a cut above the rest and much more professional.
Naturally, you need to tap the house monitors or have a proj/screen set up and running.
Some lounges are set up with this anyway and all you have to do is connect to it.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 2:22 am
I'm actually still not a fan of Sax n Dotty although they do hav some cool features...I think the VDJ team could do it better still.

This has just made me think of a massive new feature for VDJ.

Media Colouring.
Different types of media will show up in VDJ browser with different colours so it becomes easy to distinguish them.
I would just change the colour of the record icon rather than the whole txt or it could get hard to read!!
Audio Only could remain Black.
Video content could be Blue.
Karaoke Yellow.
that way when it shows up in your search you'll know what ones not to select if you dont want the karaoke, however it will also highlight if you have a video of the track your about to play!

This ties in with another idea I have...but I'll wait to see what others think before I expand on it.

I'd love to see a new style of browser option for karaoke shows as well...Show mode...it's part of the master plan.

Ross.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 2:56 am
RICK. I've been asking for this for some time. I think they can even do it as a plugin with a seperate playlist for karaoke files preloaded so it is easier.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 12:54 pm

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 6:45 pm

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 2:24 pm
Ah,
now I get it. I thought it was only to remember the name of the next singer for the dj use. For announcements etc. I never did any karaoke party so excuse me I got you wrong
Ewout

Posted Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 9:03 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes, this is a feature i would love to see implemented. I thought of a very simple way.
When you drag a mp3 song to the play list, it determines if it have a .cdg associated with it.
If it has one, it can automatically (or not) ask for a singers name. It then could just go in the AUTHORs area.

Something like that.
What do you think?

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 4:40 pm
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ross M, this is a cool idea for gendre identification at a glance and maybe brighter/dimmer shades of the same colour for play charts

Media Colouring.
Different types of media will show up in VDJ browser with different colours so it becomes easy to distinguish them.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 4:20 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
not that i dotn think color highlights would be a great feature, but dont the Karaokes (when scanned) has a very very small K in the filename icon?

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 10:15 pm
To be honest I haven't scanned a disc with CDG itos VDJ yet...I have a very reliable system setup for Music Only and one for Karaoke Only.

I'll be buying some new drives soon but I don't want to mix the 2 media just yet.

So on thet not I hadn't noticed a "K" if there is one yet...although I think colours as an option would be good too.

Ross.

Posted Sat 02 Jul 05 @ 2:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)