Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Disable Automix Smart Cut globally

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

emzeroHome userMember since 2010
Hi,

Is there a way to disable Automix Smart Cut globally?
I would really like a way to make a playlist, select Automix Smart and if the current playing song and the next one can be mixed with Tempo mode, then Tempo mode is used, if not I would like Fade (remove intro/outro) 16s to be used for example. Basically a global option to allow/disallow Automix Smart modes (Tempo, Cut and Fade)

Is there a way to do that without having to edit each file's BPM and uncheck Allow Cut?
If not, are you planning to add this feature?

Thank you guys, I really enjoy Virtual Dj =)

Posted Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 6:51 pm
MZmudaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'd like to see this too. Or, more specifically, a smart mixing feature that would "mix like a DJ," (where the style of DJ and other options are selectable / customizable.)

For example:
Given a playlist where there are two adjacent tracks which have 4, 8, or 16 measure lead-ins / outs, Virtual DJ should be able to "DJ" them; not just mix them.

ie:
1. When song 1 begins playing the 16th to last measure, Song 2 should start playing at the first measure, but with the bass crossfader being all the way on the Song 1 "side."
2. When song 2 starts to play the 8th to last measure, the bass crossfader should fade / cut to the Song 2 "side."

Options would include:
- How to deal with mismatched measure counts (ie: first song has 16 measures, and the second song has only 8 leadin measures) [ie: loop 8 for 2 iterations, etc...]
- Whether or not to cut or mix the bass crossfader (and if fade, how long,)

I'd also love to see a feature to have the tempo slowly change over time into new "territory." ie: if a 7 minute song starts at a tempo of 128, maybe it could finish at a tempo of 140. This way, the tempo changes over time, almost imperceptibly.

Just my $.02, but I like the original feature request.

- Z

Posted Thu 05 Aug 10 @ 2:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)