Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Search for duplicate played tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Many times I will start the night with video mixing on a small screen. It is not my club and I am the only video guy. We won't get into why he does not want to make the investment. Once the dance floor is full, I just start playing straight songs as the screen is not really visiable anymore and I don't really need to draw them onto the floor.

I have many duplicate songs (video and song). It would be pretty cool if VDJ could find the songs that match the name of the already played tracks and mark them as played too.

So If I played: David Guetta - Sexy chick (the video) if it could find the plain song David Guetta - Sexy chick (song, not the already played video) and mark it as played too.

I don't often make the mistake, but I have and I hate it once it is playing on the speakers and I realize... I already played this.. It could be a cool feature.

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 6:01 pm
with some organizing you can do a "workaround"

make a new folder called "duplicates", and any time you get a video that duplicates an existing audio file, move that audio file into the "duplicates" folder..
you can then have VDJ ignore that folder in its search database..

Posted Thu 01 Jul 10 @ 1:42 pm
Sounds interesting, I will look into it tonight. I was more reffering to just turning the icon red so that I know... The other reason is, I don't have to play the whole night, the dance floor is dead (swing club) at the end of the night. I just have to play filler, automixed music for the last hour and a half or so. Most are "too busy" to realize that I already played it, but I know, and not everybody is in other rooms.

I have a remove duplicates and already played button on my controler for when I load the end night playlist. That button should find already played songs and automatically remove them, unless they are the duplicates of the videos I played.

I know it is a different use and I am sure I am the only one (or 1 of very few) with this instance, but it could help.

Now my wandering eyes and realizing the song is comming to an end, not loading a new song but thinking I did and fading back to one I played 2 songs ago. Yea that was all me ;) I'll take the heat for that. I have only done that once so considering my circunstances, I'd say I am doing pretty good being a guy and still have a pulse.

Posted Fri 02 Jul 10 @ 9:25 am
hippydog, what kind of folder allows you to "remove from search db"? The only option I can think of is the unmonitored folders, but it doesn't seem to remove the tracks from searches once they are dragged in there.

Thanks for the idea though. I guess I could drag all the tracks in there, select them all after and then hit remove. But wouldn't I loose cue points etc?

The other problem is, I only search for requests and special ideas. For the most part, I pick from playlists made in iTunes. So the song will be there reguardless if it is removed from the search db.

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 9:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)