Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vestax Typhoon and VDJ - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've found the best way to use the Typhoon was to change the mappings slightly.

I use a separate external sound card (a U46) and an external mixer, so have changed the typhoons mappings slightly, essentially removing the internal mixer part and using purely as a controller :

As using an external mixer do not need gain,pitch or audio crossfade :

Disabled gain mappings.
Disabled the pitch sliders, instead i've mapped the volume sliders as pitch sliders. (note you need the param_invert attribute)
Changed the crossfader to crossfade video only (not audio - so now have separate audio and video crossfaders).

The latency on the external sound card is better than the typhoon I think.

For a budget controller, in this configuration it has a very professional feel to it. I think the bend/scratch wheels are the best part of it, (although I can't scratch for toffee so i'm not sure how it would compare to say a pioneer cdj, in theory it should be good as the latency of the wheel should be good as a HID device, and the sound latency is down to the souncd card which is good).

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 4:34 am
me pueden decir si es que se puede ocupar la vestax typhoon sirve para virtual dj version 5.2 o no sirve ?

Posted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 12:48 pm

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 5:39 am
One question: If I purchase the Vestax Typhoon and get the bundled VDJ LE, will I be able to use the software after the first 5 days?

It says that after the first 5 days it will have "limited functionality" unless I upgrade to VDJ Pro, but all I want is the Typhoon to work properly. Will it work?

Posted Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 2:21 am
VirtualDJ LE can be used as long as you like.

If you are currently trying out the Pro trial, then once the time is up and the trial ends, it will revert back to the limitations of VirtualDJ LE - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

You will still be able to use the Typhoon, but will not be able to use the software stand-alone or with any other devices. Custom skins, effects, etc. cannot be used.

Posted Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 5:30 am
hello i got a vestax typhoon trying to get it map on my mac computer to work with vdj can some one help me pls

Posted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 9:34 pm
It is natively supported, so you should not need to so anything (Unless you are looking to change the default mappings to suit your own preferences, in which case, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4149/VDJscript_Mapping.html )

If you are having trouble getting it to work, please ensure that you have the latest v7.0.3 VirtualDJ Pro installed http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Also, make sure that you have not installed a custom mapper that may be conflicting with the default built-in support. If you have installed a custom mapper, please delete it from /users/YOURNAME/Documents/Mappers and/or /users/YOURNAME/Documents/Devices

If you are having trouble configuring the sound card, then you may need to configure it for 4 channel audio:

* Open the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder. Double-click on Audio MIDI Setup.

* In the Properties for: drop-down, choose the Typhoon.

* In the Audio Output section, choose 4ch-16 bit.

* Now go into VirtualDJ, and set the following in the sound options:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound card(s): 4 out card.
Sound card: Choose the Typhoon in the drop-down list.

Click APPLY

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 6:29 am
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Does the Mic work on the Mac version now?

Posted Fri 17 Jun 11 @ 1:28 pm
Just bought a new vestax typhoon and when i went to install the virtual dj limited edtion cd on my macbook and everytime i put the cd in it just come back out the pc. Anyone know anything about what to do

Posted Fri 30 Sep 11 @ 6:57 am

Posted Fri 30 Sep 11 @ 9:11 am
when i copy the mappin from midi finder where do i put it so my vestax spin can work with my version of vdj

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 11:34 pm
Sorry, Vestax Spin will not work with your version because you have v3 Console Edition. This version is limited software and works with the Hercules DJ Console only. During the 20 day trial of Pro, it is a trial of VirtualDJ Pro v3 which is a very old version and has no native support for Vestax Spin.

Please try the latest VirtualDJ Home FREE v7.0.5 which will allow you to test the Spin for 10 minutes at a time: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

Then if you like the software, please upgrade to the latest VirtualDJ Professional v7.0.5 at a discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 4:22 am
Ciao Ragazzi , siamo due ragazze che fanno le Dj e thypoon vestax è la nostra prima consolle dj vorremmo sapere xke con virtual dj
ci dà problemi con il pc sistema operativo Windows 7 ! dobbiamo cambiare sistema operativo ?? ciao grazie attendiamo risposta..

Posted Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 11:24 pm

Posted Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 6:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)