Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Effects 7 Plugins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Make all effects and plugins available defalt with the next release as oposed to having to have them stored/saved on a hd ready to install on you new machines etc

Also a new folder within VDJ folder for stuff you need such as c++2005 etc e.g. put the installs for drivers and such in there.

I know you can do this yourself as we all have, but it's hard to keep up with sometimes and for new users a nightmare.

All skins should be loaded in as standard too.

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 6:08 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I disagree with this completely.

User coded effects, plugins and skins should be left for download. If they are packaged with the default install then they will be all over the warez sites in no time. Not to mention including them is a statement of their stability IMHO.

VDJ requires no runtime updates. Some plugins require these runtimes but as above they shouldn't be shipped with the VDJ install. Think of the download sizes increasing and so on. Besides I'm eliminating runtime update requirements from my plugins. Same with drivers; thats a very slippery slope to be on. Not to mention keeping them up to date, new hardware and so on.

Another point to note is that one of the things contributors get paid on is the number of downloads. Remove them from the equation and you are taking money from them...

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 7:07 am
The old "crack head" issue killed that one.

is there a didicated area on the forum then for all these downloads? there should be for people that have licences i.e. like exp user forum

PS,

The title was suposed to say: Effects & Plugins

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 9:04 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 11:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)