Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ Logo in video window in 3.0 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello,

I understand you guys have a real concern about the virtualdj logo being displayed on the video screen?
Well, at first this logo was here because we intended to give the possibility to clubs and bars to change the logo to display their own.
But I guess the possibility not to display the logo is really something missing in the actual version, isn't it?
Well, facing the "urgency" all of you seems to show, we will try to release a patch today with the ability to remove the logo.
We are here to make software for the people, not the other way around ;)

Regards,
S. Clavel

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:20 pm
If you'd like to retrieve something positive out of this mess, leave in the ability to display a logo, have it be VirtualDJ on a blank screen ( retaining the option to have visuals instead of a blank screen of course ) but make it possible to display any logo where we now display the VirtualDj logo.

This would mean that the logo of the Club or Bar could be displayed. Owners can't get enough of that.

John

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:22 pm
Hi

I was typing my last post as you were putting up yours, and then messed up trying to pull it, told you i was no computer genius didn't I ?

Thanks for reacting to the concerns of your users, something your company has so far excelled at.

I apologise if I unwittingly crossed the line in my earlier post regarding removing the logo.

NOW may i come out of the naughty corner ?

:-)

John

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:27 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Can I say I told you so now :)

VDJ does it again. If this dosn't show the team really listens to its users I don't know what does. This is great news from the team! I think we can move forward from here.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:42 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
A little communication goes a long way, thanks Mr. Clavel.

For the record, we assume because it was presented and imposed without any options at all.
I also use a splash screen but there are also times when I don't want it up.

In these days where television is crowding out the viewable screen with splashes in every corner and along the bottom it has become a bit much.
With respect to mixing video, we have intro splashes with each track also at t-minus 15 seconds on the tail end.
Mixing in or out when both of these splashes creates total havoc on the lower left of the screen.
Now we have the top right being commercialized as well, it would have appeared.
Rock America uses a HUGE splash in the same location which really heads in the direction of tv 'over commercialization'.

Had it been presented as an option to begin with instead of an imposition, none of this uproar would have ensued imo.

I am really glad to hear that this will be optional, really glad.

Thanks for your attention concerning this.

Regards,
Rick

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:42 pm
S. Clavel,

That is what I like about this company. The responsiveness you show. Great move I believe. The option to have a logo displayed (any logo) during video play and also a mandatory VDJ logo during dead air (as was stated that the pioneer players do), would be a great compromise. Please consider this and thanks for listening.

Killabee44

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:43 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 10:21 pm
Excellent ! thank you. now onward and upward.

John

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 10:27 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i'll install this patch, actually i wouldn't have anything against this logo displayed during mix in club...
let people know about best program!

many people asked me which program i use.

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 10:28 pm
Your system thinks that I already downloaded this, so it says to contact e-service... ??

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 10:44 pm
Respect DEV TEAM thank you:-)

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 10:55 pm
I must say you guys have impressed me much in the short time I have been around here.

I do not have access to the gigmachine right now, does this patch in fact remove the option to display a logo on the video screen completely?

I do think haveing the optional logo there is good as long as it is both removable and customizable..

tnx for the patch and good show of support!

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 11:14 pm
Ok, the dl came through ok now... Thanks.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 11:48 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
TEAM KICKS ASS!!!
FRUiT94

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 11:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, thanks!! Excellent!!

cstoll

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 1:42 am
Thank you VDJ.

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 3:33 am
Well it doesn't make much difference anyway as most Dj's I dont give information away for free . If they ask I don't give them the info anyway. Only Dj's I can trust I will send them in the right direction. Remember I am in a competive business . I don't give away information that will hurt me just like I dont give away music. Logo or no logo they have to find this website by themselves.

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 3:46 am
Thank You

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 5:11 am
Ok, take my apologize:

"I have read the EULA, I'm going to reinstall Virtual DJ, and I'll never try to modify the software."

Thanks for the fast response and update.

And to do what I promised, i will delete the modified exe and ask support stuff to download full version again, even if i have original exe backed up.

---------
Perhaps my correct solution (before patch) should be to cover the projector with a paper in order to shadow the upper part of picture. I think this "hack" is correct to the eula. :-)

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 11:04 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
thanks heaps for the update. the ability to have a custom club logo sounds good but as always please have it as an option

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 11:42 am
81%