Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: PROM MUSIC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1st try at this. Use Virtual dj for 2 years, love it. Been going on line and getting Prom 2010 music, would really like to know what other Virtual dj use are playing. Yes I play a lot for adults, play very little for school age. If you ask me not all CLEAN versions of a song are clean enough to play at a prom. Please let me know what you feel are safe current music to play?? Thanks

Posted Fri 19 Mar 10 @ 9:41 am
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My favorite is to get the most recent now thats what I call musics, and then listen to local pop/(pop) rap stations. People like ke$ha, lady gaga, rihanna are made for mixing, and work great

You need to realize, as long as the school is cool, a few dirty tracks are ok. The kids SCREAM all the cuss words anyway, so even if you want, you can drop your mids to muffle the cuss, but the kids will still scream over it

Posted Sun 21 Mar 10 @ 9:48 am
rikii90PRO InfinityMember since 2010
as a teenager i agree with fault; also there are lots of david guetta songs that are nice in my opinion; try checking out dj chuckie( there are censored versions on itunes for his songs) jay z,rihanna, kesha and others; may i suggest checking out Billboard charts? hope i helped a little bit

Posted Mon 22 Mar 10 @ 6:15 pm
just go buy from walmart - they edit everything already

Posted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 7:27 am
dempagPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I also mainly do the adult scene but was recently asked to do a Prom. Does anyone have a set list they could share??? I know all of the baisc artists to play and for the most part isn't too much trouble to figure out but a set list would help out greatly! Especially for any slower songs.

Thanks!!!!

Posted Thu 25 Mar 10 @ 7:32 am
Thanks for the help. I would like to stay away from the kids screaming the cuss words. I have two proms to dj, sold the school on clean musoc that the kids will enjoy. Both schools said they had problems in the past. I am working on a play list, will have a good mix of old and new. Was hoping to see what others were playing.

Posted Thu 25 Mar 10 @ 12:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)