Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: My Working Mac Setup 2011 edition - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 6:41 am
I got a second Mac Book and cloned it with Carbon Copy Cloner, and thats my backup. I bring both laptops to every show.I like how you have it all running through another mixer, the non working Mic issue is not an issue. I have a small Behringer Eurorack UB802 Mixer so I can use my mic and another (for Karaoke if need be) and I have the NS7 go through one line and then I have a Dell Mini 10v that I Hackintoshed to OSX running in to it as well with my main core library on it runing iTunes for emergency play. This also helps me look up a song with a guest without having them come around an look it up in VDJ.

I took a lighting co-pilot (1u rac mount) and run it where the NSXF goes, it works really cool there!
I will get some ppux up, but Cyder, yours is looking sweet!

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 9:42 am
I just got the nsfx myself, I have to say its a serious piece of kit to have, I don't know how I lived without it before, next month I plan on getting a nanpad just to control the clipbank I'll post new pictures soon.

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 2:02 pm
Sweet! lSounds good!

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 2:11 pm

From the club

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 11:11 pm
kirrenPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is that white thing on the right side of the cumputer a fan to keep the computer cool?

Does mac has trouble with heat, how does it work in a really hot night club?

I serious consider to switch from pc to mac. But i don't want to carry a fan around.

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 1:28 pm
yes its a big fan and it would be wise to keep your computer cool as possible I use this because the graphic chip in that mac has a little problem with getting to hot and causing problems when djing temps in the club can reach up to 85-90 degrees when full as well. I actually use 2 fans one for me and one for the mac the other one is just behind the speaker.

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 2:01 pm
I am thinking about getting into VDJ so that I can do video. Please tell me about your video set up. Is that a screen that you constructed yourself? If so what did you make it from? Since the projector is behind the screen,doesn't it make things show backwards. (In case you do Karaoke) Is the the projector connected to the mac via some usb adapter? Sorry for the questions but I want to know before I jump in and get VDJ. Thanks in advance!

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 2:38 pm
The mac is connected to the projector with a 100 foot vga cable then to the mac with a dvi to vga adapter, the projector itself has a reverse mode for rear projection(model nec 600s) You can't really tell from the picture by that projector is only 3.5 feet from the screen, I looked long and hard for a projector to throw that screen in a very short distance. The screen is a fast fold from screenworks its a 5x7 with the rear projection mat.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 4:02 pm
Thanks alot. Are you using the VDJ mac version or did you bootcamp your mac and install the windows version? If you are using the mac version did you have any problems?

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 4:58 pm
its 100% all Mac not bootcamp here. I gig every week with that setup and i don't have any problems.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 6:10 pm
I noticed that you switched from the vestec to the ns7, what made you switch? I am thinking about going midi and that is one of the reasons why I am considering VDJ. I currently use TORQ and I think it is dying a slow death. Do you know anything about the stanton system 3 midi system? Da Scratch.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 6:38 pm
DJVORACUE userMember since 2009
DJ Cyder wrote :
its 100% all Mac not bootcamp here. I gig every week with that setup and i don't have any problems.

One week old MacBook PRO here...
(100% all Mac not bootcamp)
I'm using 6.0.7 VV and I can't see all the song time (elapsed and remain). Just the minutes, seconds, and half of miliseconds.
Already tried with all CUEVV skins that came with the .dmg
Also, can't use any of the three VirtualDJ6 PRO skin: (error line 10 in the xml)
And, in fullscreen doesn't look perfect.
My display Resolution is 1280 x 800

Any idea?

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 11:57 pm
Stanton looks like good stuff, I've never personally used them so it wouldn't be fair for me to comment there. I loved the vci-300 setup and I still have it but I wanted something more dj looking the ns7 fits that look for me. Its heavy don't get me wrong the vci was very lightweight easy to carry. I bring the ns7 in on a hand cart where is with the 300 i could carry it in one-handed.

@DJVORA

Sound like you might have an install problem there could be with the skins (how are you installing them) they need to stay zipped for them to work correctly, contact support they will get you straightened out.

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 12:09 am
I'm just using the skins that came with the program. The only thing I download was the software (.dmg) in the Download Center...

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 12:15 am
try some the skins from the site, there is a new installer let me know if any of those work for you.

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 12:20 am
Look like the problem is the Virtual Vinyl Name, we all know is the same program, but the first thing my MAC say when i try to install any Skin:
"There is not a Virtual DJ Software"
I will need to Upgrade to Virtual DJ version.
Is not the first time I see skin problems caused by Virtual Vinyl Version...
I can still use the Laptop and the software like a PRO (no more Win "headache")
Thanks anyway...

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 12:35 am
OK. Source Files does the job.

Thanks a lot again...

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 12:45 am
picture taken with camera phone, will upload some from my actual camera tonight. Used my new 13 in MB pro for a gig, retired my MB white to use as a backup (on the table on the right). Made some changes to my rack..drilled two holes upper left corner for the power supply and USB cable for the HC4500. This hall was uunique as it had a \"stage\" that was raised 1 foot. Spanning the whole length of the stage was a thick black curtain so I was able to scoot my table in, used my Bose L1\'s and the setup looked really sleek!

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 8:13 am
i may add..no issues what so ever, version 6.1 is really stable and had to hiccups or artifacts while doing effects, searches, etc. Pay no attention to the random empty cans of redbull on my table either :)

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 8:16 am
50%