Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: a few ideas to improve virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

danjel2Home userMember since 2010
i like how you improve virtual dj the last years.
but now i have maybe some ideas you like:
1: a save for sample's so wen you go to a party you can set you your sample's in a few clicks.
2: a hot cue en gain save for all songs. when you going to a party jou just put your music on a stick whit all your cue's saved. then load en you can start within a second.
3: a Bpm calculator if i'm turning on a system whit virtual dj and cd players its easy to beat mix.
i build a simple app for myself in visual basic :
but if you ad it to virtual dj its all in one. its very easy to beat mix whit it because you now the pitch exactly.
4: a bpm music selector. the bpm is very accurate of virtual dj but if you have for a sample a rock track the bpm may sometimes be half ed maybe you can make a music selector for each genre so you can make the bpm meter much accurater
5: a bpm scan that save the bpm in your mp3 so when you burn it on a cd or what you can see your bpm.

i hope you do something whit it
i'm sorry for my English its bad i know

Posted Fri 05 Mar 10 @ 9:00 am

Items 1 through 3 are already possible. Perhaps you were unaware because you are using a cracked version? You mentioned "i like how you improve virtual dj the last years" which leads me to believe you've been using VDJ for awhile, yet I don't see a serial number registered to your account. Are you using a cracked version. If so you should buy the product and take advantage of the features you're currently missing out on.

Re: #4... No software is perfect at detecting bpm's accurately, but VDJ does a really good job. Sometimes you just have to edit the bpm's manually. It's a pain in the ass sometimes but if you're serious about your library then you'll take the time to do it.

Re: #5... this feature has been requested before so hopefully it will appear in a software update someday.

Posted Fri 05 Mar 10 @ 10:19 am
Hey Guys, The problem nobody is talking about is how your programmers screwed up the mix engine from 5.2 on, now VDJ automixes like a
Windows Media Player (just fades, no beatmix or pitch adjustment while automixing) when are you going to fix that? instead of making it
prettier to look at, make it more practical to work, version 5.0.7 was the best one ever, you could use some ideas from that, oh yeah, you
can't even map a midi with this 6 version, that SUCKS!!!!!

Posted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 7:20 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mr. wenmix1philly - your assessment is absolutely FALSE.

Smart Automix still employs the same methods used in version 5.0.x - it never changed from 5 to 6.

And, evidently; you have never tried to map a MIDI device - because it is much easier in version 6.

Posted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 10:28 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The reason nobody talks about this is because you are incorrect on just about every point you made in your post.

1. VDJ can still automix in a configurable manner with configurable intro-outro mix points and a configurable mix method including beatmix.
2. MIDI mapping in v6 is far more powerful than it ever has been in previous versions. You can map any MIDI or HID controller with many many more options and a scripting language.

Edit: What Chris said!

Posted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 10:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)