Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I'm new,a loner and kinda lost... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DjCStaHome userMember since 2005
...any1 want 2 point me in the right direction? Also, i have downloaded the trial version of Atomix and virtualDJ but how do i get the full version and how much will it cost? Love the whole idea of it and this internet community... top bombin'!!! I've had atomix for about 4 years now (ive really got the hang of making mixes sound fab!) and i downloaded VDJ last week. Ive got real decks (there shite to be honest, but they do the job! I love perfoming in front of people, the pressure seems to dd to my ability.. ive done a few shows in my school ('oh wow' i hear you say) and a few a a local club.
See ya...

Chris (aka DJ CSta)

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:28 pm
there seems to be so many posts and loadsa forums, which ones r worth checking out?

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:35 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Click on the BUY in the menu above.

OR

Here: http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

And and early "Welcome" to the VDJ community.
As for the forums worth reading - All of them!
Lots of info - just make sure you search for stuff before posting a question. Most likely the answer already exists.

cstoll

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:39 pm
Ta dude!

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:43 pm
How can i do a broadcast? Ive read the other fourum with this topic. Curently im playing music and apparently its broadcasting... 'Broadcast server running You can listen by connecting to htt://..(loadsa numbers)..../virtualDJ.ogg Total time 1.16.47 0/4 clients listening.

Totally confuzed! Should i not bother?

Thanx folks!

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:59 pm
what you are doing is a personal broadcast

if you give that URL to somebody, they can listen to what you are mixing

Or, as a full user, you can join in on the Virtual DJ radio broadcast here

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 6:25 pm
i tried logging on to it myself but it the page couldn't be found. I tryed to do a radio broadcast but i needed a port number and something else complicated

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 6:39 pm
The only thing is i cant afford the full program at the mo.

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 6:41 pm
do you need a credit card to buy the software? (i haven't got one of these, due to the fact im only 16)
;>(

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 6:45 pm
You can always ask parent or other to use their card, and pay them back, or get it as a gift

Some features are only for full users, such as radio broadcast

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 6:54 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
And it's the money is really a problem for you (i can really understand that at 16), you can buy the Virtual DJ Home Edition: DJ Mix Station 3 for 30€ and come later to Virtual DJ Professional Edition

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 7:00 pm
That a good idea, thanx, i'll seriously think about doing that... or i could get a job (to lazy though!)

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 9:23 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VDJ = mowing 10 lawns = 3 days of work in your neighborhood = 20 hours of work at McDonald's = 2 video games.

How bad do you want it? =)

If you are anything like me, VDJ will SAVE you money. Instead of spending $6 renting a movie you really don't want to see, you'll mix. Instead of spending $12 to go to go out to a Hollywood's latest bad movie, you'll mix. Instead of spending $60 on the newest X-box game, you'll mix. Instead of going out with your friends and buying $5 beers at the pub, you'll mix over a $7 six-pack. Instead of spending $15/month on some MMOG you don't even really enjoy, you'll mix. =)

Bargler

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 10:51 pm
You make it sound so easy! But yeah, I know what you mean. I do have a limited amount of money that for some reason i don't want to spend it, i keep it looked up in the bank. By the way, do debit cards work for internet payment?

I noticed that Bargler here is talking in dollars, how many people on here are american, scottish (i am), irish, etc? What i mean is: where is every1 from?

Ta for all the advice folkels, your all so helpful and friendly!

Chris

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 11:26 am

Most users are from Europe... and many from UK ;)

There are several payment options, such as check or wire from your bank....
If you go to your bank, they will transfer the money for you.

Your bank will help you, and know what wire is...

You can choose different payment options if you go to VDJ purchase page

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 12:52 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can't imagine: VDJ is international !!! Spanish, French (I am and we are many), and so on...
Even asian people i think

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 1:36 pm
So is there any Scots 'cept for me?

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 10:21 am
there are many from UK at least... I know quite a few ;)

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 12:50 pm
I don't know about Scottish. But hey you could be the first one!

MS

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 2:37 pm
Well I am from Boise, Idaho USA - so some americans

oldie but goodie
djkaraok

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 5:52 pm
87%