Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with NS7 and Microphone when virtual is up - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok heres my problem....I run virtual dj when i'm running video and zap photos etc...and i use a numark ns7..now when virtual dj is not open. the microphone and aux work perfect no problems....once i open virtual dj and set it up to play my mic stops working...its gotta be one of the setting in virtual that is changing the output for the mic im guessing.... because when i use serato itch the mic and auxilary work perfect..let me know if any ns7 guys have had this problem...im using vdj 6.05 and a unibody macbook pro...thanks

Posted Tue 23 Feb 10 @ 8:01 am
Yes, I have the same problem. I think VirtualDJ Pro 6.0.5 doesnt support for microphone yet with Numark NS7. Thats sad :(

Posted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 7:07 am
that is sad...wonder if any other guys can help with this let us know if there is a way around it

Posted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 8:27 pm
Yes please help!

Posted Sun 28 Feb 10 @ 11:55 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
run itch in the background then the mic will work.

Posted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 10:17 am
its funny you say that...i was on the phone with numark today for about an hour..they had no answer for me ..and finally said...that virtual dj doesnt support mic for ns7 and im beat.....then while i was on the phone i thoght of running serato itch in the background and minimizing it..and opening virtual dj...this does work but you have to be careful...because when you are scrolling through music with the controller and loading music with the controller you have to make sure your not loading music in itch too!!!this happend to me the first time i was using this idea.... so what i did is open itch and then go into setup on itch....and leave it in setup ..this way there is no chance for you to load up songs on serato itch..now you can use virtual dj no problem.....kind of funny i had to tell the company who made the product how to use it...hopefully this helps everyone..

Posted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 6:11 pm
numark also said they never heard of this problem which is odd

Posted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 6:12 pm
thanks for that info jezefink because I have ran into this problem also...I tried putting my itch on in the background but when I would load a song to play on the second deck...the music would start playing kind of in like slow motion...sounded distorted. I never thought to put itch on setup...maybe that is the problem I had with the idea..when I am loading a song and playing it...it must have been playing on itch as well...I can not wait to get home and try this out...THANKS!!!

Posted Tue 02 Mar 10 @ 8:37 am
used virtual dj last night at gig...had to make sure no music was open in itch...this way i wouldnt run the chance of it playing in both...what i did was made a fake playlist in itunes with no music on it and made sure it was open..this way no music was up....because when i was in setup it can still load songs..so be carefull really the ideal thing to do is just not have any music in itch at all if your going to use virtual dj

Posted Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 4:58 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I tried this and the mic does work like you guys mentioned, if I am not playing any music.

My issue is when I put itch in setup mode and minimize it. Then load a track and play it with VDJ, the track slows WAY down. Like half speed.

Running Itch 1.5 and VDJ 6.1 with the latest 32 bit drivers for XP.

Posted Wed 26 May 10 @ 7:03 pm
TBathePRO InfinityMember since 2007
Any ETA on when this issue might be resolved? It has been ongoing for quite some time now. Additionally, I am still running 6.0.5 because it was the last stable NS7 release. 6.0.8 and 6.1 both still have a small lag when starting a song unless the turntable motors are disabled. Please help! It would be great to run Virtual DJ without having to load Itch, and disable the turntable motors to prevent the lag on songs.

Posted Tue 08 Jun 10 @ 4:28 pm
I know ETAs are not realistic. But it would help me to decide if I really should buy additional equipment, or if this issue is currently being worked on.

I know many would really appreciate it.

Posted Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 9:15 am
Guess nobody read the thread about using a small $100 mixer with the NS7 for mic support. I go out from my NS7 (XLR to 1/4") into a small Behringer mixer, then out from the mixer (1/4" into XLR) into my subs... the Behringer Xenyx 1202 $119.00 has 4 mic inputs, no issue with sound quality.

Posted Fri 25 Jun 10 @ 8:47 am
I did, it still should work through the NS7. That is all we are asking about.

Posted Sat 26 Jun 10 @ 12:41 pm
Getting the mic to work is easy actually.

Sound settings:

Advanced configuration:

Master - select NS7 as sound driver - channels 1&2
Headphones - select ns7 as sound driver - channels 3&4
Microphone - select ns7 as sound driver - channels 1&2

Works for me :)

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 8:08 am
bostroff wrote :
Getting the mic to work is easy actually.

Sound settings:

Advanced configuration:

Master - select NS7 as sound driver - channels 1&2
Headphones - select ns7 as sound driver - channels 3&4
Microphone - select ns7 as sound driver - channels 1&2

Works for me :)

Sorry I think this is for version 7 only :(

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 8:45 am
I feel everyone's pain who has posted about this problem. Hopefully this will help. Go to your sound set-up and for Input select microphone. Secondly, for your Output select headphones (master: channel 1&2/headphones: channel 3&4). Lastly, for your soundcard choose the Ns7 USB audio device. I have Virtual Dj 7 and I am running Windows Xp Pro. Windows 7 did not work too well with the Ns7 on my laptop so I downgraded to make it work.

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 11:56 am
JAWSMCHome userMember since 2014
my problem is the microphone delays a bit on vdj but it doesnt on out else does anyone know how to sort this ??

Posted Mon 20 Jan 14 @ 12:54 pm
Yes that works but how do i get ride of the latency in the microphone? I will say something and the out put is slightly but enough to be notice.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 6:17 am
If you wanna know how to make your mic work with vitual dj 8 go to my youtube channel andre anthony1977 ill walk you through it

Posted Thu 29 Mar 18 @ 2:03 pm
91%