Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: More than two TimeCode inputs?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Would like to know if possible or needs to added as a new feature to have more that just two TimeCode type inputs. Instead of just 1 input for each deck, how about 2 possible inputs per deck? That way I can have a Turntable and CD Player plugged in for each VDJ deck, so to have the flexibility of using TCV or TCCD.

Most of you that have worked in the club scene know that usually you may have 2 turntables and 2 cd players to use. So the scenerio is: TT #1 is playing using TCV w/VDJ a song on Deck 1, Just queued up a regular 12" on TT#2 and realized I want to play a different song before TT#2 and that song I have in VDJ. I would like to be able to throw in a TCCD in to a CD Player, choose the CD Player as the input control to VDJ Deck 2.

See where I am going? Thoughts?

cstoll

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 6:11 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
it is possible with Y - cable and using turntables/cd-players alternately

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 7:36 pm
Yeah the cabling wouldn't necessarily be the biggest problem, but the configuration settings would be different in VDJ depending on the type of input Vinyl or CD.
e.g.
RIAA preamp ON or OFF,
Gain and Silence level adjustments,
Turntable: 33 or CD.

See my point, just a thought, oh and imagine the multi-instance skin where each of the four decks are controlled by a different TimeCode inputs using a sound card that has 4 stereo inputs like the M-audio 1010 or 1010LT.

thoughts?

cstoll

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 7:52 pm
perhaps you can all configuration define on shortcuts on keyboard.

using more than 2 stereo inputs would be interesting..

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 8:04 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VDJ needs to release an external device.

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 8:41 pm
xeon - I don't think you can make those types of configuration changes using shortcuts.

abnorm - Atomix is a software developer not hardware builder. Plus, the Hercules is the current Atomix backed external device.

All it would take is a Second Sound Card configuration in the program and then some shortcuts for swaping the different inputs around to the active decks.
Now, I know this would not be an easy task, however; the code already exists for the current configuring of the sound in VDJ and it just needs to be expanded to accomodate selecting a second sound card.

cstoll

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 9:46 pm
djej helped me to set "use jogs to scratch" function (enable/disable) of Hercules controler on keyboard shortcut. why you can't set those types of configuration changes like this way?
i think it is possible, you just have to make buttons in your skin for this first.

Dj Nikki

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 11:09 pm
Those shortcuts already exist in the code of VDJ. There are no shortcuts for configuring the TimeCode settings. Now if the Dev Team coded in the short cut for changing settings then yeah setting some short cut keys would be great.

cstoll

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 2:48 am
i had to add some code to file of vdj. shortcuts in it doesn't exist.
look at djej's blog to find code for HDJC. you can do similar with yours needed functions i think.

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 9:58 am
sorry it wasn't djej who helped me with shortcuts. it was djjb.
almost the same nickname, that's why i failed to write =) look at his blog. maybe he can help you too.

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 3:30 pm
Ok, thanks I will look.

Still think this might be a new feature that Atomix might want to look at for configuring two seperate sound cards to be used by VDJ.

Thanks again,

cstoll

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 8:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)