Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Doing a TCCD Demo

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay, I am trying to show some other DJs the great features of Virtual DJ and I would like to show them how they can use their CD Players with the Time Coded CDs.

I don't know if I can though... I read someplace (can't find it now of course!) that you could do it all with just the built in ports on a laptop.

I have LINE IN, MIC IN (Stereo) and LINE(or rather headphones) OUT...

I have made the CDs and they appear to play (make a horible screeching sound which I assume is what they are supposed to be doing :)...

Now my problem... I have hooked up a cable from the CD Player directly to the laptop's LINE IN... So far, so good...

When I went to configure things though, there was no "REMOTE 2" tab!!! (I found what I think might be usable under the sound card settings?)

In any case, I downloaded and ran/installed the recommended ASIO driver and now the timecoded section of the soundcard APPEARS to see the soundwave coming from the player...

Here's where I run into problems:

1) it makes the horible screetching noise through my entire system - I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off!! Whenever I hit 'play' on the CD player it does that...

2) It will not 'autoconfigure' and it doesn't seem to get more than 1% (if that!) of the timecode signal??

How the heck can I do this? Can I do this with just the one sound card? (built in)

HELP!! I have to demo things tomorrow night (Wednesday)!

DJAlan - Amazing Sounds

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 12:36 am

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 2:55 am
Thanks for the help...

HOWEVER, it didn't do me much good...

In the instructions you sent me to, it talks about the REMOTE 2 tab... But there IS NO REMOTE 2 TAB!!

The picture at the webpage is wrong, at least for version 2.1 it's wrong... :(

I am trying to do the SINGLE SOUND CARD TCCD instructions, but to no avail... :(

help?

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 1:25 am

Hey amazing sounds....Check out my blog for a picture tutorial....it is for setting tccd up with the maya sound card but the configurations for the software might still work for you. I am not sure but check it out and it might help.

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/coronaextra/

hope it helps :)

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 4:44 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have the same problem. I don't use TCCD since updating to 2.1. If you figure it out, post it please :)

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 5:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)