Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Improvement to (MIDI) Mapper - Definition Builder

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, something just occurred to me, a pretty easy major improvement to the Mapper that will probably make everyones life a lot easier.

I've just spent a fair bit of time re-mapping my Xone:4D today and after writing the Definition which was a pain to say the least (in the manual some of the Notes and Hex codes are printed wrong or even missing!).
Had to use a 3rd party piece of software to read the hex codes which involved a lot of app flicking.
I'm working on MAC btw.
Thus I thought surely it would make everybodys life a lot easier if a definition builder was integrated.
Basically you push all the buttons on your controller and attach the labels you would like, you then progress to mapping where you can either use auto-learn by key press, or just select the labels you wish to map from a list to the add VB Script.

Is this just too obvious or is it making sense.

Certainly means any time I get a new controller it can be mapped even quicker.

Any thoughts from Dev Team or other users welcome...

Ross

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 5:12 pm
You can already do this:

Click the Auto-Learn button on the Mappers tab in config.

Press the relevant button on the controller and the "Key" is automativally filled.

Then simply select the action you want from the "See also:" list, or start typing the action to filter down the actions from the "See also:" list.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 7:20 pm
Don't think your following me right on this one.
Yeah I know it does this already, just spent a day doing that.

That works provided you have already created a definition!

I meaning to add a similar process, pressing the buttons, moving sliders which will listen to the MIDI in order to create your definition first, saving a lot of time.

Ross

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 9:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When your definition file is ok, could you upload it on VDJ website. Then we will see if we can directly add it to VirtualDJ.

Posted Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 7:38 pm
Of course I will.

I'm a bit busy for the next couple of days and plan to change it a bit plus I'm going to redo it for Map 2 as well (this changes the function of the encoders).
I'm having some problems with the 'Light Pipes' LED rings around buttons, going to persevere with it though.
I'll can also include my mapping if you like. May not be to everyones liking but they can of course change it easily! :)

Ross

Posted Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 8:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)