Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Gear/Software Advice

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Whats up all you beat junkies. I was hoping I might be able to get some opinions from the community. First let me tell you a little about myself. I love music, I've been producing with Reason 4.0 and Sony Acid for a while now. Recently I decided I wanted to experiment with the hardware side of things I purchased the Hercules RMX. What can I say it is a really fun piece of equipment! I just upgraded to VDJ 6 as well, and I love it. After making these investments I've decided that I want to spin time coded vinyl. However, I'm not a professional DJ so I would like to purchase a set up that is mid level and work my way up from there. I've been looking at the Gemini TT-2000. Their price/quality ratio seems good to me. Anyone know anything about these? Also Can you spine time coded Vinyl with VDJ 6, and lastly Is the hercules A good mixer to connect the tables to , pros/cons? Thanks in advance!

-Your boy Lo

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 1:12 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Please only start one thread at a time. I locked the other one, look for answers here...thanks.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 7:56 am
No prob, thanks !

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 3:14 pm
those Gemini TTs are OK, not great. maybe just a little wobbly(A LITTLE) on the decks, and not the most rigid of tonearm construction. i would try to get a pair of stanton t-80s. for the price they can't be beat.
you can use timecodes with vdj 6. i'd recommend SSL vinyl, they work really well.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 4:19 pm
not a fan of the rmx, the buttons on mine went out really quickly.
really better off getting a mixer and an interface. depending on how you gonna play, maybe look at a faderfox, i've never heard a bad word about those.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 4:23 pm
annd..if i was gonna use TTs, i'd look at the vcm-100. i think that's a midi CF on there.

You'll need a midi CF for video.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 4:38 pm
Cool thanks for the advice. How long did you have your RMX before the buttons went out?

Posted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 3:58 pm
one week

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 3:57 pm
hey guys i just got into DJ-ing and am building up my music library but still need to improve it any suggestions?
im also 13 and am about to buy a mixer and turntable and all the other DJ-ing essentials
but I also need a DJ name so when i do start preforming gigs i have a descent name any suggestions for this aswell
thanx

Posted Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 6:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)