Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Track Edit

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

qjpqjppHome userMember since 2009
How about inline editing in the browser. When you have thousands of tracks to edit info, well the current way makes it very painful. i'm a previous Traktor user that made the switch n overall pretty satisfied with VDJ. Very stable.

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 11:05 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Use an external editor like MP3Tag or Tag & Rename to edit the file tags; that way you can do bulk edits easily and the information is saved in the actual file for easy rescan in VDJ or another application. I believe several users were looking into bulk editing tools as well.

If you've converted to using VDJ it might be worth registering your serial number in your profile so that you can access the extra tools as and when they become available :)

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 2:31 pm
Scott,

I used to do it this way...

The VDJ couldn't find my files because the size had changed.
So I stopped doing it.
Will a quick re-scan find them again but just edit the database entry so I have all my cues or does it create a new entry?

Ross

Posted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 6:17 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Personally I prepare all my files before letting VDJ loose with them, so I've never actually tested your scenario. I'll have a play when I get a chance though.

Posted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 6:58 pm
I like this idea , why not make this so that you can chop and cut or extend the song or section. and save it , rename it , use it for loopings and linking /

Posted Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 7:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)