Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Track name / artist on the video display

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
We can already send some text to the video display.
It could be useful to have a function (shortcut ?) to send the artist and title of the curren track.

At present I do like this:
- Right-click on the track in the browser (sometimes I have to scroll because I made a search after loading the track)
- Copy (Ctrl+C)
- Going to the video display
- Paste (Ctrl+V) then enter

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 2:09 pm
That's a cool idea Clax. I have another one for video I'm about to post.

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 3:24 pm
Thanks.

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 12:00 am
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately, that method doesn't work for me. When I right-click on the filename in the browser, the only option I get is "copy to..." and I can't get any kind of copy options if I click anywhere else. I even tried switching back to the regular skin... Nada. So, I have the arduous task of having to type it into the text box :)

Since I see myself using the video feature FAR more for video plugins than actual videos, it'd be good if there were a way to customize them a bit more, like you can do with Sonique. And yes, it's be awesome if there were a way to have the title automatically appear on screen (maybe unobtrusively along the bottom) for a user-definable number of seconds. Fonts, colours, and sizes would be nice too, but I'm really not that picky. It's just a way to get information to the people at the club.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 1:45 am
Don't you speak about a right-click in the playlist column ?
(I'm not on my PC and I cannot test at present).

I would say about a right-click in tthe explorer column.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 3:07 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Clax, are you sure you're not talking about LEFT-click? I tryed both (for testing) but it doesn't work any way :)

Ohterwise, good idea. Might even add options to where the text would apper (i.e. lower right corner, center, ...), some suggestions for those who use video a lot :)

erXon

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 7:51 pm
Left-click is for selecting; right-clik is for accessing options.

A right-click in the browser column and you acces a lot of options and the "rename" function. With this one you can copy the info and paste them later in the vide text area.

A right-click in the playlist column only allow you to prelisten the track.

Maybe check your windows options to see if you haven't modiied your mouse options (Config pannel -> Mouse).

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 6:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)