Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: anyone try xp10/TCV still crash?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i was wondering if the crash was addressed in this update.

Posted Fri 06 May 05 @ 3:57 pm
djtybPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What crash with the TCVs ?

Posted Fri 06 May 05 @ 4:59 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TCV never crashes for me...use it all the time. There is one specific crash some folks have reported but it's never happened to me. Get lots of RAM 768 or a gig and you'll be more then fine. Some folks also use it fine with 512 and I've heard some who have run it with 256 OK.

Posted Fri 06 May 05 @ 5:37 pm
I am in the process of testing this right now- just tryin to MAKE it crash- I'll post results soon. Others please too- report ANY crashes. Especially YOU Anewsome- it seemed you were quite adept to being able to make the program crash. Thanks

Posted Fri 06 May 05 @ 9:49 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
About 45 minutes of just screwing around and no crash.

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 12:27 am
djtrickHome userMember since 2004
That's good to hear, how about other things like sound, is it better?

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 12:37 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
im trying to make it crash too.... woohoo @ update

post more comments later

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 1:39 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Everyone is trying to make it crash, poor VDJ :)
Keep it up, DEV team need your help. I'm gonna buy VDJ as soon as possible, to contribute!

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 1:46 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've done it!!!

Argh, no im not pleased...
I've had 2 crashes

1 Major crash which I have never ever seen since windows 98 days. One of my xp10 controllers decided to stop working so I thght a connection might be loose. Checked both they seemed fine so I thght I'd reset the the xp10's using the shorcut key in vdj. No avail so I thght i'd restart vdj.... I clicked the close button then a blue screen with mumbo which flashed for less than a second. Rather than exiting vdj like a normal crash my laptop restarted without warning.

That got me real concerned so I decided to disable video in the config once I had restarted etc. I was just mixing as u do and was cueing up a song on my xp10 then the song proceeded to skip and repeat itself. It then exited and shut down vdj as per usual crash that i have had.

In saying that I have only 512mb of ram and a 2.7ghz processor.
I'll chuck in more ram next week and re-evaluate.

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 2:45 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
L_RIDS
If your XP restarted automatically go to:
Right click on "my computer">properties>advanced>startup and recovery>settings>automatically restart and check out the mark, so the next time this happens, you will see "The blue screen of death" and some information that can help you what is causing this.
Post what did you find!
Greetz!

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 3:00 am
I Rids- If you are seeing the blue screen of death that has nothing to do with VDJ or any other program. Your windows System registry is corrupted in some way or another. Unless you are extremely adept at reading registry entries, you will have the reinstall windows ALL over again.

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 9:33 am
not sure hoe to use this site my computer crashed and i reloaded xp pro over xp home now i put in my virtual c.d. and i can't find my password now what?

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 7:41 pm
edmondson: Come again?

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 10:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)