Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: What i'd like to see

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After seeing a few videos of "SSL" it has given me some ideas for VDJ

1#. More Hot Cues

2#. "Markers" (That can be re-named). By these i mean you can add a small arrow or mark on that part of the beat, this could be a indication where to start your loop or something. You could be able to name it as "Lpx4" or something.

3#. More Effects, though this isn't essential

4#. What struck me about SSL was that you could drag you current song that your playing on say Deck B, and put it as a sample, so technically you now have 2 decks free to do what you want. I thought this was a good idea

5#. Less Sound Crackling. I'm guessing this is my hardware/ soundcard's fault. Its nothing major but happens sometimes when adjusting the EQ's (Found out that if you set sound settings in VDJ to 'Safe mode' it eliminates it

6#. The ability to make the loop get shorter towards the end of it. For example when i loop something, i gradually make the loop get shorter and shorter but it gets closer towards the start point, instead of the end point (a Beat)

7# When searching and you didn't upload a song from search results and you return back to the songs you have stored. It always takes you to the first song. I'd like it if it took me to the last song i was looking at

I'll add some more when i think about it.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 9:34 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dannyboy2005 wrote :
1#. More Hot Cues

The upper limit on cue points is quite high; 2147483648 IIRC. Do you really need more than that?!

dannyboy2005 wrote :
2#. "Markers" (That can be re-named). By these i mean you can add a small arrow or mark on that part of the beat, this could be a indication where to start your loop or something. You could be able to name it as "Lpx4" or something.

Cue points can be used for this - and you can name cue points to give them proper meaningful names to achieve what you wanted above.

dannyboy2005 wrote :
3#. More Effects, though this isn't essential

Lots of effects are available for download. You can also use VST effects for audio, and Freeframe effects for video. This opens the effect range up massively. There is also an SDK so you can create your own.

dannyboy2005 wrote :
4#. What struck me about SSL was that you could drag you current song that your playing on say Deck B, and put it as a sample, so technically you now have 2 decks free to do what you want. I thought this was a good idea

It's a good feature :) You can copy the current loop to the sampler - so you could use VDJ script to create a really long loop to cover the entire track, copy it to the sampler, then initiate the sampler playing. So I guess it's technically possible now - although I've not tried it. You also have MI support, so you can run more than 2 decks if you wanted too :)

dannyboy2005 wrote :
5#. Less Sound Crackling. I'm guessing this is my hardware/ soundcard's fault. Its nothing major but happens sometimes when adjusting the EQ's

Thats your configuration - it's not really a feature request and something you should consider starting a topic about in the relevant forum. Likely causes are:

* Safe mode enabled (although this should have been resolved in 6.0.3)
* Latency set too low
* Excessive DPC latency on your system

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 10:04 am
SBDJ. Just to let you know, the sound crackling has been resolved by using "Safe Mode" shortly after i posted that thread.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 10:15 am
Glad you got it sorted :)

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 12:52 pm
Just noticed you added a couple more.

dannyboy2005 wrote :
6#. The ability to make the loop get shorter towards the end of it. For example when i loop something, i gradually make the loop get shorter and shorter but it gets closer towards the start point, instead of the end point (a Beat)

Already possible I believe, and I've answered your other thread on the subject :)

dannyboy2005 wrote :
7# When searching and you didn't upload a song from search results and you return back to the songs you have stored. It always takes you to the first song. I'd like it if it took me to the last song i was looking at

Worth looking at I guess; I'm usually searching because I don't want to play the song I have highlighted so don't care if it returns there or not - I guess I'd never really thought about it before :)

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 12:54 pm
What about a louder sampler?

I feel like the decks are so much louder than the sampler, when I'm mixing loops in the samples.

Even if I lower the gain, the sampler gain is also lowered (since it is from the same source).

Thanks!

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 2:50 pm
Can we get

1. Better EQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a. Better freq. crossover points
b. No distortion when the bass is turned up.

Also some kind of compressor, when one track is eq'ed or freq cut, it seems to get louder and when mixing mash-ups just sounds crappy.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 1:42 am
dannyboy2005 wrote :

It's a good feature :) You can copy the current loop to the sampler - so you could use VDJ script to create a really long loop to cover the entire track, copy it to the sampler, then initiate the sampler playing. So I guess it's technically possible now - although I've not tried it. You also have MI support, so you can run more than 2 decks if you wanted too :)

Isn't this far too much hassle? SSL have got that to a Tee. Drag and drop (I'm sure you can use hot keys too) but that would be one of my most wanted features atm.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 5:49 pm
It's not drag and drop no, but I'll be honest - I tend to use MIDI/HID to control as much as possible and limit interaction with the laptop keyboard/mouse. You could map the whole thing to one keypress/button press...

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 7:17 pm
SBDJ wrote :
It's not drag and drop no, but I'll be honest - I tend to use MIDI/HID to control as much as possible and limit interaction with the laptop keyboard/mouse. You could map the whole thing to one keypress/button press...

Any ideas what mapper code i'd need to type in? (Your are the brains of using Mapping Keys lol)

Thanks

Posted Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 4:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)