Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Post it here! - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"I would also like to have a choice between nudge and bend."

Yes me too, but in the skins implementation. I want the capability to create a relative slider called pitch_bend. The pitch_bend buttons sound many more smooth than nudge.

OR

I apologize it could be "tricked" by applying the master tempo function to the nudge relative slider.

FRUiT94

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 8:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Regarding the nudge, I think it would be best to keep the remaining value and allow users to alter that value, If not, to have an alternate value entitled 'simulation' or 'real', meaning it is created to be more realistic. What ever is done, I want to be able to re-align beats live, without the audience hearing any major change in the temporay pitch of the track, i'm sure many understand me, to achieve this at present, you have to literally just touch the jogs, rather than be able to move them a bit more.

Bagpuss

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 9:08 pm
Bagpuss I agree with you. If you do a correction with the jog the correction is hearable and many times too much to. If your track is in front and you give a little push on the wheel your track is behind.
Ewout

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 11:44 pm
Exactly!, it's not good enough in a proffesional environment..., for hercules users, this is very important.

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 5:36 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
if we are talking about proffesional environment...
VDJ as proffesional tool? absolutely!!!
hercules DjConsole as proffesional tool? i don't agree.

i am not so precise, but i didn't catch the same problem with XP10. i don't use jogs on HDJC for scratch, just instead of backspin effect =)

Dj Nikki

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 6:39 pm
Xeon
What we are talkıng about here ıs manual syncıng of beats and re alıgnment of beats ıf they should drıft, the hercules dj console ıs more than capable of doıng that one sımple job, but the nature of ıts compaıtabılıty doesnt allow ıt to be as smooth (slow) as ıt could or should be...

As for whether the hercuels is for a pro environment isn't relevant to peoples needs, but what I can say is, it depends on the nature of the hercules role, whether you intend to use the play buttons and scratch then no it's not good, but for alligning beats, altering pitch, it is great and is definately good enough for bars and even clubs.., as DJ in Norway has proven, and I am yet to prove :).

Bagpuss

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:44 pm
Its possible, but have to be VDJ values that Dev Team got to change...

For example slider for jogwheel sensitivity

It can also be done by midi mapping in the Hercule midi controller for nudge (scratch will not work)

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:51 pm
I would like Master Tempo to be more precise cause I noticed it wasn't good enough for certain type of music : when the music is speed up or slow down with Master tempo on there's imperfections of Master tempo which doen'nt restitute the music clear or correct.
I would like the next version to be better for this case and with the option to activate the or unactivate the Master Tempo from the sampler part of the soft.

Thanks to read my message and i hope my expectations to be available on the next version.

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 8:35 pm
Already there is quite a few people interested in the variable sensitivity feature for controllers (read before this post if you haven't seen), but please don't just read it, if you too want this feature implement then please say so here...

another thing that I think would be great (and people want) is effects assignable to the master out, but would that work when useing a mixer?, as it's two seperated channels in that case.., probably not..

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 6:16 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
still waiting for 6+ loaded effects at both sides =) hope i'll see it in next upgrade.
it would be very useful. i usualy use 4 or 5 constant effects.

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 7:21 pm
Hercules buttons available in shortcut mapper
and new actions for lights so pressing button on hercules will trigger two actions,
one for the actual action in VDJ (play) and the second shortcut for same key will be mapped to
light (HERCULES_CUE_LIGHT)

as seen in http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=12804

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 2:05 pm

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 5:38 pm
Support for Winamp Visualization Plugins Like Milkdrop!

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 7:31 pm
I will secound that ethan, are you from Sarajevo?, your name is familiar to me somehow...

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 4:16 pm
Nope sorry in Canada

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 10:55 pm
hehe, weird, someone around here stool your name!, lol.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 9:13 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
New feature: MOVING TRACKS BETWEEN FAVOURITE FOLDERS
** (If it's already possible, please show me how) **

When selecting "move to", can there be favourite folders displayed beside
computer disks and other folders? Or even better simple drag'n' drop to
the folders on left as in windows explorer.

Regards,
erXon

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 10:41 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Just to add this to the previous post:
In the move (and copy) menu, an option to remember the last folder, now everytime i need to move a file a have to start from "my computer" its hard when you have many drive letters and folders.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 6:13 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It would be great if you could rewind tracks at the beginning once you have loaded them. It is very useful especially when you want to scratch the starting beat of the song but the starting beat is too close to cueing point. Only alternative to fix this is inserting a silence at the beginning of your tracks so you have got the room to move the track when scratching.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 5:45 am
I think I will bring this point up in more foroms as simple as it is. Tell me if u agree,ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS have to come out with more soft ware, mainly to support VDJ. One e.g is a volume leveling soft ware that will be an asset to producing a CD mix via VDJ.In many topics u see many people talking about using (x) soft ware for volume leveling, and then u will see a tread that is embarassing to the VDJ WEB SITE, links from posters to other web sites for the soft ware.

I know ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS will create what they name go by(MIX) , but producing more products I am sure will be supported.That brings me to another recomended software from me , a beat producing product like "fruity loops" .Any pro mixxing VDJ user will love this software so ATOMIX can think about producing a software like it.

U did the unexpected by coming out with VDJ 3 video so I believe u can step up the market and produce some more products.

seanrasta out THANK U

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 5:09 am
30%