Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Post it here! - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,
I dj at several different types of events from clubs to weddings. An annoyance which many people have voiced with VDJ is the lack of a configurable cross fader with proper duration when atomixing. There are times when I need to have automix running unattended from song to song (dinner music and beginning of evenings etc...) The trouble is when it is set to force fade with no duration there are often long pauses of silence between songs. If any duration is set with the crossfader it cuts off the beginning of the song as well as the end. Is it possible to have a proper configurable crossfader to automix with? I've tried all the various plugins and nothing works to achieve what I'm after.

Secondly, have a setting for removing the song from the player and loading the next one in the playlist automatically. It would also be nice to have a sort of cue of songs for each deck independantly as opposed to a single playlist.

Lastly, I'd really like to see full ID3V2 tag support as soon as possible implemented. Almost every other DJ sw out there has this and I find it very useful. I'd also like to see customizeable columns in the database. For example instead of the comment field make it customizeable to be the music genre or year of the song all of the info which can be derived through proper tag support. Sometimes it's nice to be able to search by these parameters.

Sorry for the double post btw I stupidly missed the sticky duh.

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 12:10 am
Would it be possible to display the album artwork (from the id3 tags), possibly with the actual tag information (switchable), on the 2nd (video) screen while playing standard mp3 audio. The screen would show music video when I'm playing music video, or karaoke lyrics when I'm playing those files, but just old school album artwork when I'm DJing.?

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 4:16 am
where is the portuguese forum?

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 11:51 am
i would like to see a waveform or better shaddowing on the full track bar. also would like it if the time would show wherever i put my cursor at on the full track bar.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 10:22 pm
i would like to see a cheaper price.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 9:39 pm
a playlist so it automaticly switches songs

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 9:43 pm
Price is not really a feature...
Cheaper? I think it is very cheap at the moment. I bought VDJ 4 years ago (version 1) and got lots of updates for free. Version 1 was about the same price, but had not: controller support, midi support, video support, tcv support and even then I found it cheap. Try to get some dj gear for that price...
But if it is not cheap for you, you could start with the home edition, or with a dj console version, or save a little longer.
The autoplay function is already there. It plays a playlist automatically. It is even available in the Demo version.
Ewout

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 11:52 pm
dado que el virtual dj tiene un pitch de el 8% 12 % y 34%,,,,,,seria buena idea que le implementaran uno al 100 % como en algunos reproductores de cd ,,entiendo tambien que el efecto sonaria como un brake,,,,solo que uno lo daria a capricho,,,,bueno eso opinino,,,,saludos al team de vdj el programa hasta ahora,,muy estable,,,,,exelente,,,,,

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 7:14 am
I've paid 200 Euros for a Hercules Console Mk 2 and I got VDJ Console Edition... At least I could get all the effects for free...

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 12:29 pm
Wrong topic and wrong forum

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 12:47 pm
speed21Home userMember since 2006
a bass maker a beat maker with loop easy to use

Posted Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 6:24 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Virtual DJ isn't a music creation software!

Posted Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 1:07 pm
I was wondering if it's possible for the effects to be disabled after unloading a song, or have an option in fame setings to disengage effects on load or something of the sort. For example, if i'm using loop out(v2.01)and i have it set to play song, I have to disengage it manually, if not, the next song i load will come in with the effect still loaded. To me, it's a drag and I don't think i'm the only one whose noticed it.

Posted Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 6:56 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I would really need option to enable/disable AUTODISABLE beatlock after changing song on deck :)

Posted Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 7:15 pm
Are u making fun of me Xeon? I thought we were boyz.

Posted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 8:27 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Mantahoe's idea isn't bad. Xeon's is useless, like beatlock... I prefer doing things by hand...

Posted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 9:48 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Mantahoe wrote :
Are u making fun of me Xeon? I thought we were boyz.

LOL :))))))))))) sometimes i just need beatlock, sorry.
And when i load next song, beatlock is still enabled. I do everything with hands, but somtimes i have to use this and right because i don't use if often i forget to disable it. Understandable?

Posted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 3:24 pm
Integrate the Cues Event plug in into the system, via a pop up or something.

Posted Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 10:03 pm
okangHome userMember since 2005
i would like to see you guys make each deck or turntables has it 's own 33 45 speed and also each deck has its own pitch range ajuster

Posted Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 6:03 am
tye tHome userMember since 2006
need more effect menn, effect on v dj sacks, so need more advanced ones

Posted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 3:20 am
100%