Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: STANTON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

FLeX69 wrote :
...can I map everything myself via midi (as long as I have the patience) including the scratch wheel and also map the multiple functions for the controls?

Is there more to it?

Yes, there is. You would have to map your SCS.1 controller through our DaRouter software in order to map it into VDJ. We use a library (included in DaRouter) to handle audio and MIDI over firewire, so the data coming of the SCS.1 isn't in a format VDJ understands natively.

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 11:27 am
If you like you can use my old midi map for darouter as a based. from the sounds of it, it should work.

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 4:50 pm
is there a way to set the pitch and gain sliders to relative mode instead of absolute? the pitch and gain jumps all over the place when i try to adjust it due to it being a touch pad.

please help and thanks :)

Posted Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 8:36 am
does anyone know the model replacement cd rom mech for the c324 cdj...mines has stop reading the disk and Stanton says im pass my warranty time go figure...Im sure i can replace it myself if I knew the model to replace it with...thanks alot in advance fam...

Posted Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 7:12 pm
shlantHome userMember since 2010
Similar to auratika's question....is there a fine pitch adjustment?

Posted Mon 20 Sep 10 @ 2:54 pm
hello,
I am looking to buy some new djing software.
Been djing since 1987, and was an early adoptor of final scratch. I then got married, had kids moved away to another part of the country and virtually gave up.
anyway we've now moved back to where we came from and I have offers flying in from all my old haunts to start playing out again.
whilst I am happy using my old kit i realise the art has progressed in my absence so want to move on with the times...

so

can i use my old v1 FS soundcard with virtual dj and if i can can i then use the time coded vinyl as well?

the first part of the question is the key point, the second less so (as I can still run FS if i want full hands on.)

and bear in mind I am on a budget here (see had kids above!) and have the resources to buy the software or a decent card, not both (whioch has prompted the question.)

thanks.
nodecksaftermarriage

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 5:46 am
JackFuPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Bug report for Virtual DJ 7

When you're using two SCS.3D, whichever deck is playing, the blue platter LEDs rotate on the opposite SCS.3D.

Seems like it would be a minor scripting error. Anyone know how to fix it?

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 1:01 pm
just a quick question

will 2 dascratchs be able to operate as 4 decks in vdj7 or will they only control deck 1 and 2?

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 10:24 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes they can control 4 decks. I am currently finishing up another controller right now and will be putting together the SCS systems next - might modify the 3 first and then finish up the 1.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:14 pm
somebody knows if SCS.1D has official support by VDJ7 or we need to make our layouts?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 6:31 am
wigcityPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've installed VDJ 7 and now my SCS3m won't work. It hangs with just the blue leds showing as soon as I load the software or plug in the device. I have tried my own mapper as well as the 'native' one but still no joy. I had to revert to VDJ 6 at work on Saturday which was a drag as the new version is so much better! Where is the device mapping stored and is it possible to adjust the settings (the Devices folder is empty)?

Any help would be appreciated,

Prof

PS I've just checked my SCS3d and it works fine, however I do not use it without the SCS3m which still wont work with both connected.

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 3:41 pm
is this with or without the 3m power adapter.

I've tried to use the 3m without the power adpater, just the 3m with 2 turntables, and I get a similar response. It's probably my usb port, but it was working fine this way before, so who knows.

Posted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 10:58 am
Well I've never used the power adaptor but I dug it out and tried again with power and still get the same result. I usually plug my mouse into the SCS3m and plug it into a usb port and it works fine. This has got to be a VDJ 7 problem because it doesn't occur with previous versions and I've tried two different computers as well. Unless I can sort this by Friday I'll have to use an old X-Session which takes up more room - the Stanton fits perfectly on the shelf where I have to work (on the end of a bar) and I've got used to the touch thing and all those cute LEDs, oh well, that's DJing!

thanks for responding,

Prof

Posted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 4:48 pm
I am not having the same results here with my 3m.

Do you plug the 3d into the 3m ? I am running mine connected to a powered hub, which should be no different than direct into a onboard USB port.

And are you using this on a 2 deck skin - or with a multi-deck skin ?

Posted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 5:54 pm
I've sorted it, after checking the manual I tried toggling the modes and it worked! I don't want to think too hard about this but something had definitely changed between the last version and this. Now all I have to do is tweak the mapping to get it like I had it and I'll be good to go.

Thanks for the help,

Prof

Posted Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 2:49 am
Can we have a official confirmation about if VDJ7 works native with scs.1d and scs.1m???

thanks

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 7:13 am
brainstorm2001 wrote :
Can we have a official confirmation about if VDJ7 works native with scs.1d and scs.1m???

thanks

or, if not, when will it be

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 8:55 pm
cstoll wrote :
Yes they can control 4 decks. I am currently finishing up another controller right now and will be putting together the SCS systems next - might modify the 3 first and then finish up the 1.

Guess you missed this post at the bottom of the previous page ???

These things don't just happen over night. And when you are working on multiple products with multiple vendors everything gets prioritized accordingly.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 1:48 pm
if you're gonna modify the 3.
there is a certain spot at about 7 o'clock, between the inner strip and the outer circle. if I touch this spot while scratching, the tracks takes off as if I'm not touching the 3d.
this truly makes this a non-use situation for me.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 3:23 pm
Hi cstoll

Yes, i missed it.

I guess this things needs a lot of development, i only want to know if will be happen or not to consider the possibility to buy it.

Thanks for reply

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 3:06 am
43%