Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,

I'm trying to test the VDJ on a Mac with two denon-3700. Unfortunately, I'm able to fully control only one Platter. The other platter is able to control some of the functionalities, but the screen doesn't show any info. It is also very unstable.

I followed your guide and I have the latest denon firmware, but it's just not working.

Can you please advice?

Thanks,

DJ PEPO

Posted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 5:11 am
I followed the instructions, but I keep having the same problem, only one deck works.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Pepo

Posted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 5:14 am
I'm using the trial version, as I want to be sure that works before buying anything. Please advice.

Thanks

Posted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 5:15 am
Next time ... please don't re-quote your own posts or just copy/paste pieces like the first post .... just respond. And, you could have put all three of those items in 1 post ... :)

Now to your issue ...

What version of Mac OSX are you using?

Are you running the units through a HUB or are both plugged directly into the Mac?

Also, are you using the soundcards of the units or are you just trying to use the MIDI side?

And, where did you download the Mac trial version from? What is the version number?

Posted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 7:47 am
Thanks for your help and sorry for the mess :)

Answering your questions
-I'm using OS X 10.5.8
-Both units are plugged directly into the Mac
-Not sure about what do you mean. I'm using the units in their MIDI mode.
-VDJ Version is 6.0.4

Best,

Pepo

Posted Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 7:43 pm
colbiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello i'm a french man. I try to config my 2dns 1200 with my mybook pro (leopard snow) but i'm lost... can i have help
Mybook 13.3 2.53 Ghz +500Go+4G
VDJ 6.04
DNS 1200 midi (v 2100)

Posted Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 4:36 am
PepomanDJ00 wrote :
Thanks for your help and sorry for the mess :)

And yet you did it again ... come on ... just reply ... DON'T COPY / PASTE stuff ...

Posted Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 4:07 pm
Hi, I'm looking at buying Virtual DJ full version and a Denon 1200 midi player. I'm just wondering, Is is possible to control both decks with a single midi controller? My friend does this with his timecode set-up and I'm just wondering If I can do the same with the midi connection.

Thanks

Posted Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 11:23 pm
Yes, you can use one DN-S1200 player to control both decks. Pressing the EJECT button will switch between controlling decks 1 and 2.

Posted Sun 20 Dec 09 @ 3:34 pm
Alright thanks! I'm assuming you mean the eject button on the player right? Not within virtual dj?

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 9:47 am
Yes, the physical EJECT button on the DN-S1200 itself.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 12:30 pm
Moneygrimes,
Hopefully this isn't too stupid a question; how did you get your HD2500 screen to display information in MIDI mode? Are you on firmware version 1400?

Thanks,
Ross

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 4:23 pm
i have 2 hs5500s not the hd2500, but I think its the same steps mentioned in the beginining of this thread. I plug usbs, then set units to midi, then open VDJ, load songs on each deck, and your set.
No I still have version 1300, still waiting for new vesrion, not sure if that will make a difference. Although I did notice a little better response, because I changed the aiso driver as per the denon forum.
I keep an eye over there to cross reference some info sometimes.
denondjforums.com

Posted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 1:36 pm
DjCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
jpboggis wrote :
Yes, if you connect the two deck outputs of the HC4500 to two separate channels on the mixer (E.g: Channels 1 & 2), then use the crossfader assign switches to assign one channel to the A side and the other to the B side, you will be able to also crossfade audio (In the same way you would if you were using ordinary CD players.)

how do get the x-control to work with video with my mixer denon 500 and my denon hc4500 i plug a 1/8" cord to the mixer and controller am i missing something in the VDJ software that i need to do?

Posted Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 6:19 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
DjCali wrote :
how do get the x-control to work with video with my mixer denon 500 and my denon hc4500 i plug a 1/8" cord to the mixer and controller am i missing something in the VDJ software that i need to do?

Yes, go into the HC4500 preset mode and turn ON 'X-Control'

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 2:46 pm
DjCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanks!!!

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 2:55 pm
dj e-rock wrote :
Hey all,
Things with my DN HC4500 worked out okay but someting weird happened. The left deck became unresponsive, both on the unit and VDJ. I'd try to play a song and nothing happens, no sound, no progression on the waveform on VDJ. when I tried to drop another song on it, it gave me the "a song is currently playing" message. I rebooted the program and it was fine for the rest of the night. Anyone else experience this?

I had this exact same thing happen at a party. I have not been able to reproduce it.

Luckily, it was at the start of the night and nobody really cared. Very bad...

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 7:56 pm
Hc4500 left deck also stuck for me once at gig, once at home.

Now I tested that VDJ somehow thought and remembered i am "holding the vinyl" ...

Map the keyboard shortcut "control+t" to "deck 1 touchwheel_touch 0 & deck 2 touchwheel_touch 0" and in case it happens again press control+t and it should help.

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 8:36 pm
One more thing to the "stuck" deck:
Try scratching on the deafult skin with mouse, it retriggers the touch status. (Hopefully the skin you use has also scratch area)
And you don't need to map anything.

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 9:54 pm
guys is there a music manager for hd2500 for mac or is it just pc.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 3:29 pm
16%