Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Smaller pitch range

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK this one if more for the DJ console users. It would be useful to have a smaller pitch range than +/- 8%. If i use the pitch faders on the console they suck, its difficult to get it to move .01 of a percent, so having a smaller pitch range i.e. 6% may compensate for this.

Is there any other way to do this? I realise i could use the keyboard to get finer control but would prefer to do it from the console.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 6:20 pm
I have the console too

In the full version you can switch volume and pitch, so that you have pitch at a round knob (very accurate) and volume at slider ... I like that better :)

But a smaller pitch range could be added as a new feature too

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 8:24 pm
basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I tried switching volume and pitch but im a bit old skool and prefer the sliders :) I think the best solution would be to have a plug in assigned to a button on the console which enables you to select between different ranges. So for instance when i need the fine control i press a button and the range is set to +/- 5 and when i need a greater range i simply press the key again to cycle to +/- 8 or 16 etc. Hope that makes sense.

I will have a go at writing a few plugs ins when i get chance but i gather i would need the smaller pitch range enabled at software level for me to be able to achieve this. Im sure ill have a million other ideas when i really get the hang of this.

Posted Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 1:16 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry we don't have this fonction in Virtual DJ so you can't use it in a plugin. I'm happy you are interested by plugins. E-mail me for help because i can show you how they work very simply. The examples on the website are too complicated to start i think. You just need to know language C or better C++ to understand how plugins work
Have a look at that to start with plugins. It's better:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=11010

Posted Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 3:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)