Forum: Asian Forum

Topic: hello to all (Philippines Thread) - Page: 45

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ezboyHome userMember since 2013
ayos yan sir ah!

Posted Mon 26 Aug 13 @ 7:09 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ezboy wrote :
ako din po gusto ko sanang malaman kong saan mkakabili ng licensed software na 'toh

Eto bro very affordable, click HERE

Posted Thu 29 Aug 13 @ 1:53 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Two more to go for summer weddings (Sept 7 and 14)... And Christmas will be the next season to watch for.

Just wondering how the Filipino-Canadian Mobile DJs here in Canada did this year?

I did 2 more gigs this year compared to last year.

Not quite of a big leap but not too bad at all.

Christmas would be better for sure because of guaranteed NEW repeat customers from last year.

Cheers!!!

Posted Fri 06 Sep 13 @ 1:47 pm
938MyDJ wrote :
Two more to go for summer weddings (Sept 7 and 14)... And Christmas will be the next season to watch for.

Just wondering how the Filipino-Canadian Mobile DJs here in Canada did this year?

I did 2 more gigs this year compared to last year.

Not quite of a big leap but not too bad at all.

Christmas would be better for sure because of guaranteed NEW repeat customers from last year.

Cheers!!!

More blessings(gig) na naman for you repapips!

Next year siguro naka CDJ2000nexus & DJM900nexus ka na, hehehe!

Posted Sat 07 Sep 13 @ 9:44 pm
The last real gig I did was 1990. Technics turntables were still the industry standard at the time.

Fast forward 23 years, a high school reunion of sorts was organized. I din't really plan to go but I was asked nicely.

So, with a computer with a respectable 70's and 80's tracks (and 90's too), I just ditched Zulu and Miximum while trying them out last Saturday. I downloaded and installed Mixxx and VDJ. I'll keep Mixxx as a backup but will be using VDJ 7 Home. In other words VDJ is new to me.

I did try mixing with VDJ with some success. It's easy to use, feature-packed and responsive. However, I cannot really consistently do good mixing without headphones. I expect the headphone jack to be connected via jack-to-RCA cable to an amplifier.

My question is if VDJ supports USB headphones so I could monitor and cue.

And if it does support USB headphones, what settings or configurations should I use?

Posted Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 1:09 am
The last real gig I did was 1990. Technics turntables were still the industry standard at the time.

Fast forward 23 years, a high school reunion of sorts was organized. I didn't really plan to go but I was asked nicely.

So, with an Acer laptop computer with Windows 7 and a respectable library of 70's and 80's tracks (and 90's too), I'll do one gig. I don't expect to get paid but I figured it could be fun.

I just ditched Zulu and Miximum while trying them out last Saturday. I downloaded and installed Mixxx and VDJ. I'll keep Mixxx as a backup but will be using VDJ 7 Home. In other words VDJ is new to me.

I did try mixing with VDJ with some success. It's easy to use, feature-packed and responsive. However, I cannot really consistently do good mixing without headphones. I expect the headphone jack to be connected via jack-to-RCA cable to an amplifier.

And if it does support USB headphones, what settings or configurations should I use?

Posted Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 1:13 am
hitman531ph wrote :

Fast forward 23 years, a high school reunion of sorts was organized. I didn't really plan to go but I was asked nicely.

So, with an Acer laptop computer with Windows 7 and a respectable library of 70's and 80's tracks (and 90's too), I'll do one gig. I don't expect to get paid but I figured it could be fun.

I just ditched Zulu and Miximum while trying them out last Saturday. I downloaded and installed Mixxx and VDJ. I'll keep Mixxx as a backup but will be using VDJ 7 Home. In other words VDJ is new to me.

Hello hitman531ph,

Welcome to VDJ Philippine thread!

Before I answer your question, I assume you were DJing with Virtual DJ, laptop and headphone only (correct me if I'm wrong).
If so, you will need a USB audio interface (soundcard) to be able to pre-listen or cue up the track you will mix.

Tip: http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/01/how-to-dj-with-a-1-sound-card/

There are tons of usb interface in the market being the cheapest to the most expensive ones. Also, some Dj controllers in the market have built-in soundcard in it, so it depends on your budget.

Here's one example of cheap USB audio interface for your information:
http://cavsusa.com/product/H_player/images/uca202.jpg

And how it connects from PC to Amplifier/speakers:
http://songs.singsnap.com/singsnap_tutorials/screen_shots/USB_INTERFACE.gif

Setting/configuration in VDJ:

in VDJ config, go to "Sound Setup" tab.

Inputs: NONE
Outputs: HEADPHONES (Master: Left channel / Headphones: Right channel)
Soundcard: "Driver" of the audio interface you're using

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Posted Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 4:23 pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ewan ko lang, pare ko...
Minsan ko lang nilabas ang CDJ900s ko this summer... Kapag kasi nasanay (or na-spoil) ka na sa spinning platters, parang nakakabagot ng gumamit ng stationary jogwheels lang. In short, halos Denon-3900s or Technics-1200s ang ginamit ko on majority of my gigs. Baka ibenta ko na lang sila (CDJs) eventually, but I will keep the DJM for sure.

Ingat-ingatz!

Posted Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 6:46 pm
Thank you, arielfm22.

I'll definitely check it out.

Posted Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 8:02 pm
Just checking...Thread is still alive.....going home soon to Philippines in 2 weeks time...

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 12:26 pm
938MyDJ wrote :
[/quote]

Ewan ko lang, pare ko...
Minsan ko lang nilabas ang CDJ900s ko this summer... Kapag kasi nasanay (or na-spoil) ka na sa spinning platters, parang nakakabagot ng gumamit ng stationary jogwheels lang. In short, halos Denon-3900s or Technics-1200s ang ginamit ko on majority of my gigs. Baka ibenta ko na lang sila (CDJs) eventually, but I will keep the DJM for sure.

Ingat-ingatz!

[/quote]

kelan kaya ako makapg CDJ2000 or hanggang himas nlng..he!he!

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 12:29 pm
Good day po, newbie here! :)

May problem lang po ako about sa audio formats na supported ng VDJ. Nung magpleplay po kasi ako ng recorded audio galing sa phone na ang format ay .3ga di po siya makita sa files. Tapos nung iniba ko po ang format from .3ga to .mp3 gamit ang WinRaR, na-detect na po siya sa files pero nung drinag ko po siya sa deck, di po siya nagpleplay. Meron na po bang naka-experience nito at may nagawang solution tungkol dito? Sana po merong may solution about sa problem na to. Thanks in advance po!!! ^_^

Posted Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 7:50 am
Good day po, newbie here! :)

May problem lang po ako about sa audio formats na supported ng VDJ. Nung magpleplay po kasi ako ng recorded audio galing sa phone na ang format ay .3ga di po siya makita sa files. Tapos nung iniba ko po ang format from .3ga to .mp3 gamit ang WinRaR, na-detect na po siya sa files pero nung drinag ko po siya sa deck, di po siya nagpleplay. Meron na po bang naka-experience nito at may nagawang solution tungkol dito? Sana po merong may solution about sa problem na to. Thanks in advance po!!! ^_^

Posted Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 7:55 am
I believe your conversion WAS NOT successful.

I suggest that you should start collecting songs/music from more dependable media or resources. Kahit konti lang muna.

Goodluck!

Posted Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 11:46 pm
dustineph wrote :
Just checking...Thread is still alive.....going home soon to Philippines in 2 weeks time...

Pang-atlo o pang-apat na balikbayan ka na yata mula ng magsimula akong sumali sa thread na ito, pareng Dustin.

Sana yung pang-lima ako na yon.

Posted Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 11:55 pm
938MyDJ wrote :
dustineph wrote :

Pang-atlo o pang-apat na balikbayan ka na yata mula ng magsimula akong sumali sa thread na ito, pareng Dustin.

Sana yung pang-lima ako na yon.

oonga swerte lng ako sa work ko sa Cruise ship,kasi 5 to 6 months lng contract ko at uwi na ulit and at the same time I can travel the world for free...He!he!

next contract ko sa Europe nmn ang base ng ship nmnin..

kelan ka ba huling umuwi sa Pinas?

Posted Thu 19 Sep 13 @ 1:07 pm
2010 pa ang last visit ko sa Pinas.

Aling Cruise-Line ka ba?

Kaya ko natanong... nakapag-cruise kami last year December (Carribean), Norwegian - Pearl yung sinakyan namin.

Halos tatlo yata ang stage nila na may DJ. Pero di ako nakapag-jam, bawal daw : (

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 1:14 pm
938MyDJ wrote :

Aling Cruise-Line ka ba?

Kaya ko natanong... nakapag-cruise kami last year December (Carribean), Norwegian - Pearl yung sinakyan namin.

Halos tatlo yata ang stage nila na may DJ. Pero di ako nakapag-jam, bawal daw : (

nyek...

last Year nasa Norwegian Jewel ako.

Norwegian Cruise Line company ko..yup alam ko bawal..kasi masasapawan sila..he!he!

Next Contract Norwegian Jade nmn ako byaheng europe.

what a small world..he!he!

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 11:29 pm
938MyDJ wrote :

Aling Cruise-Line ka ba?

Next time advice mo ako kasi may discount ang family and friends...

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 11:31 pm
For sure... Pero kailangan huwag ko munang sabihing kay Misis, baka magpa-book na naman, lol!

Tapusin muna namin yung balik Mexico (Mazatlan) this coming February.

Posted Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 11:30 pm
76%