Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Suggestion: Keyboard stickers/labels

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a suggestion for a product you could offer us users:

Keyboard labels with symbols for play, pause, stop, cuepoints etc (generally all the keyboard shortcuts) to customize our keyboards with corresponding symbols for the respective shortcut.

Most video-editing softwares offer such stickers, or even fully labeled keyboards.

I would prefer high quality stickers over an already customized keyboard, as it's quite important to get to choose your own shortcuts.

I think it should be fairly easy to get a third-party company to supply such stickers.

Anybody else think this is a good idea?

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 10:10 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think you have a very sound idea, I wouldn't use it personally but I think many other users would be interested.

The market of people who either can't afford a controller or who aren't yet satisfied with the current avaliable controllers..

Nice Idea.

Posted Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 5:59 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i did it myself...look at my bloggs.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 10:11 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I used a CDR pen to write the loop lengths on my keyboard. not tried any other shortcuts yet tho. good idea. only problem with this method is low light conditions :o( spose u could jus use a small dj lamp tho.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 5:12 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i should probably have mentioned that i have a white keyboard. s'pose u could always use tip ex, tho that'd probably be quite messy. ur local stationers could prolly stock stickers tho

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 8:57 pm
what I was thinking was something like this:

http://www.hooleon.com/Menu-DIY.htm

Only "you-don't-have-to-do-it-yourself" ones, of course.
Stickers with a plasic coating so that they wont wear out or get dirty. And how about glow-in-the-dark ones? I think that would be pretty helpful.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 10:17 pm
MorettaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 8:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)