Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Music sort function

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TheFleaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey,

everybody knows, sorting music is a time spending work that all djs have to do every week/month. In my case I hear each track with winamp, sort them in windows folders in categories like good, flop, give it a try and so on. then, when i am ready with this i load the songs in the VDJ database, and scan for BPM etc.
Now my request: The possibility to have a "VDJ Sorter Mode", so i can load directly the new tracks in VDJ, hear them, and have free configurable buttons to click while I am hearing to move the files in the right folders, maybe add comments... and not to forget: rating!!!

Also while I have a gig, it will be cool to have buttons near the player or so, so i can mark the song as HIT or FLOP when i see what is happening on the floor.

This will really save me/us a lot of work in this from time to time annoing work!

Thanks 4 reading!

DJ TheFlea
www.theflea.de

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 6:57 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have 2 sugestions that help me do exactly what you want to.

1. Make a filter folder and paste the criteria "top 100 firstseen" you can increase the number if you add more than 100 songs at a time. Then go to this folder evreytime you want to organize your new music. It should all be there ready for you to sort.

2. I make virtual unmonitored folders, one called "hits" and another called "flops". The hits would be new stuff not in playlists yet, that worked out well. The flops are things I want to remove from current playlists. Drag the songs you want to remember into either folder and put them in or remove them from your playlists later.

This should help and all the tools are already there. Good luck

Posted Mon 04 May 09 @ 9:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)