Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Latin music for 5th of May

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Suggestions?

Thanks

Posted Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 1:13 am
Depends on crowd? and which latins your playing for?

Mexicans - Tejano / Cumbia / Nortino

Puerto Rican - Mirange' / Salsa / Reggeton / and for gods sake if you play for this crowd have some Bachata or they will skin you alive!!!....lol J/K but you can bet your days pay they will ask for it!!!

Posted Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 7:43 am
I know the owners are Columbian (sp). It's a Mexican restaurant. Most of the crowd will be non-Latin. Just wannabees celebrating! LOL.

Posted Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 7:16 am
Well Then plsy some amricano music and you should be all good!!! :)

Posted Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 1:05 pm
Isn't there any good drinking music for that day? Maybe something everyone could know? I have to set some kinda Mexican atmosphere.

Posted Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 2:01 pm
If there your typical American-Mexican anthing from Santana / Selina /and for your end of the night Vicente Fernadez....lol

Posted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 11:49 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
LOL Non-Latin Wannabee's... You'll be playing the Macarena about 3 or 4 times. Try to grab the Spanish version. Also Daddy Yankee, Pitbull, Shakira, Christina Aguilera. You should be able to find most of their hits in Spanish. Anything thats got a latin beat thats made it into the charts will get you through the night fine for people that don't know the music and they will be more happy with the top40 trash than the real stuff. Alot of cheesy tunes will work also, like Mambo #5, Mambo Italiano, but do your research for for people that do know because as mentioned before they wont be happy!

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 11:02 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Don't forget the lambada

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 7:48 pm
i'm gonna play the theme from "chico and the man".

viva la rasza y tu madre tambien pendejo!

i'm glad mexico has its independance day. but up above the border here we have our own. it's called the 4th of july.
why we make a big deal of the mexican state holiday i don't know (any excuse to get drunk party, etc) - but i dont see a big deal being made of canada's independance, what about all the other south american countrys? why isnt there an independance day celebration for everyone's country of choice?

just thinkin...

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 8:00 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
wildcountryclub wrote :
just thinkin...

I hope you stretched first Wild, wouldn't want to see you pull a lobe..

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 8:13 pm
yep, i pulled a "lobe".

and before the whiners start in on me - here's what i might play

selena - movie medley, and maybe the techno cumbia
kumbia kings - shhh!
rancho grande - (roger creager of all people, does a GREAT live version of this - and did so when he played at the club)
blame it on mexico - george strait
mexican minutes - brooks & dunn
beer in mexico - kenny chesney
stays in mexico - toby keith
uno mas cerveza - tommy alverson

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 9:48 pm
I hope you........

Posted Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 3:10 am
I think it all depends on the crowd,

I like lit like that by TITO PUENTES,
DADDY YANKEE is already played out and people are already sick of him.

I will say some Wisin Y Yandel, Pitbull, Arcangel la maravilla (MUST HAVE), Jowell Y Randy ( NO TE Veo, Gargola)
Salsa el grupo niche, Merengue (OMEGA), Pena suazo. I have best Lating Music on the planet, so if you need any help let me know.

Posted Fri 01 May 09 @ 12:58 pm
Once again, thank you all! I'm looking to a fun evening.

Posted Fri 01 May 09 @ 2:53 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ok doc where's the photos... lol

Posted Wed 06 May 09 @ 3:06 pm
No pics. It was so damn full. I may actually have a couple. They were still seating people for dinner at 1015. I had so many people thanking me for a great night and they all loved the videos (I need more). I owe it all to VDJ!! Humm, lots of college girls. Whoohoo, even for my age.

Posted Wed 06 May 09 @ 8:10 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
glad you had a good night, now about those college girls....

Posted Thu 07 May 09 @ 3:04 am
ah man i was late for this...i HAVE A LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG LIST!!! jajajaja...:D!!

Posted Tue 12 May 09 @ 7:56 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sonido1902 wrote :
ah man i was late for this...i HAVE A LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG LIST!!! jajajaja...:D!!

Post the list anyway, you never know who else might need the same help in the future.

Posted Thu 14 May 09 @ 6:10 pm
I agree grug.

Posted Thu 14 May 09 @ 8:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)