Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: A challange for VDJ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

First off, I just want to say I love this community and I think VDJ is the best software on the planet except for 1 important area....sound.

Before planning the next build for VDJ, try this:

A side by side comparrison with Traktor Pro.

Play the same song, with the same eq settings using the same sound card and the difference in sound is like night and day.

I'd love more than anything to see VDJ compete in this area.....everything else about VDJ is awesome!

Some of us are club DJs....and we need the best possible sound.
It would be nice if their were specific builds for VDJ to popular soundcards on the market?

Posted Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 2:00 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
+1

Posted Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 2:36 pm
+1

Posted Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 9:32 pm
+1

Posted Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 8:57 am
I take it +1 mean I agree in which case +1

Posted Thu 02 Apr 09 @ 8:16 am
+1
I just did this with serato...same thing...biggest difference was when we were scratching)

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 1:25 am
weel i would like if the would make the ELASTIQE for the pitch beacuse when u move the pitch to faster the sound is not so god

Posted Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 4:33 am
+1 ... i think you should improve that... soundquality is all that matters actually...

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 9:39 pm
True, sound is really an issue. Especially on high quality audio systems one hears some difference

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 3:20 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
detlefthe wrote :
True, sound is really an issue. Especially on high quality audio systems one hears some difference

Again, no they don't. There was a longish thread on this amongst the registered users on this forum - started by the poster of this thread. After some proper actual scientific testing, he then agreed that actually there is nothing in it between the two. None of this "sounds better on a high end system" rubbish. Actual quantifiable testing.

There is a difference in the sound output - Traktor seems to have higher gain for example. When you adjust for this though, the sounds are very very similar.

The MT algorithm is a different matter however - zplane would be nice, but it's not cheap trust me.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 4:22 am

The MT algorithm is a different matter however - zplane would be nice, but it's not cheap trust me.

--> Sorry if was not exact. I mean the Master-Tempo algorithm. It really sounds different. And that is where the VirtualDJ-Team may improve. In times of Dual and Quadcores it should be possible to develop an algorithm that uses these cores and sounds better i guess. (but i'm not an expert in programming, so maybe i'm wrong)

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 3:47 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It can already use more CPU power if you have set the correct settings for the advanced scratch and master tempo settings in the configuration.

As has been stated many times probably the best algorithm to adopt would be zplanes elastique. Unfortunately it doesn't come cheap!

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 3:51 am
sischo wrote :

I tried VDJ and Traktor with the same sound card, with the same headphone, with no effects, with no equalizations but the sound of the Traktor sounds warmer than VDJ.

P.S: the MasterTempo was OFF too.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 5:14 am
--------------------------------------------------------
"It can already use more CPU power if you have set the correct settings for the advanced scratch and master tempo settings in the configuration.

As has been stated many times probably the best algorithm to adopt would be zplanes elastique. Unfortunately it doesn't come cheap!"
--------------------------------------------------------

What are thecorrect settings???

if i use advanced modes i can only see in the taskmanager one CPU under stress. second CPU low. I have a core2duo.

PS:
What are the following settings doing and meaning??? what is a good specification?
- Scratch
1) filter groeße (filter size in english i guess)
2) filter smooth

- Master tempo
1) complexity
2) spartialization

THX

Posted Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 5:42 am
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm not the technical guru...Here's my two cent's.

Last two weeks, I received a few compliments from the staff of the club of my sound quality, which at first was odd-usually it's great music. This was because other two DJ's plug their laptops (Apple & another brand) directly to the sound system. This could be many things, but once I adjust the board at the club, I might touch up with VDJ eq on the mid's & highs a 'tad'.

The sound card quality is great, even when I do my mobiles.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 9:38 am
Which sound card did you use?

Posted Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 10:13 am
I apologize for my delayed response.

I'm using the MK2. I'll adjust house system & then slightly adjust mids & highs on my MK2.

Posted Sat 02 May 09 @ 10:18 am
Actually that sound card is not the best in the market but if you got a good sound with it, I can figure out what you can get with a better sound card.

Posted Sat 02 May 09 @ 11:57 am
Sischo,

Within the next 3 months, I will be updating my computer. Currently I'm using an old Dell C610 with W2000. I know old skool, but it has been with me through toughest of times. For music it's great.

I'm strongly considering the XPC barebone glamour with AMD 2.9, 4 G RAM, & Vista 32 bit, with the options to upgrade video card & more. The internal sound card is a realtek ALC888. I haven't completed my homework on this realtek, but what sound card would you suggest?

Thanks again.

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 7:41 am
I think you should put an external USB sound card. The built-in one you named is not that good.

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 8:21 am
95%