Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Reverse function

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Another refinement could be to change "reverse" function implementing in the VDJ code this effect
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/3/Reverse_play.html (this effect should be fixed because it has a noise in the background)

I have thought about the avail of the current "reverse" function, but I didn't find any usefulness.

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 6:09 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
That reverse function was for VirtualDJ 1.0

Since version 4 (or maybe 3.4) the reverse function is included in VirtualDJ under the action "reverse".
There is no need for fixing the other one since it worked correctly on VDJ 1.xx and 2.xx

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 10:56 am
I know, but the "reverse" function is different than the effect that I named.

The effect gets to play in backward way only the sound (but the song is in forward way), while the "reverse" action gets to play both sound and song in backward way.
It means that using the first one after 10 seconds, the song will play the next 10 seconds; using the "reverse" action, after 10 seconds, the song will play the previous 10 seconds (because the song turns in reverse way).

I hope you got it..it's quite difficult for me explain what I want to get at!

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 11:09 am

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 11:20 am
Yeap, I know that effect...but I don't want to focus my words on any effect; I use only that effect while I don't use reverse action.

I am only suggesting something about the reverse action; I don't find useful this action in fact I have never used it during this year.

Since forward_reverse has a parameter, I didn't suggest it in order to not complicate the put in action of this effect in VDJ code.

If there's someone who knows how using the currently reverse action, that user can make a breakthrough!

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 11:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)