Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Starting VDJ > Asking for skin...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

can we have a requestor for ALL installed skins when we start VirtualDJ, insted of just a list of the default skins? PLEASE???

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 8:29 am
why??

Personally i dont see the point in this option. Most people, i would have thought will have their favourite skin and use that throughout.
Anyone that wants to change won't have a problem in clicking on two buttons - config & skins to get there.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 8:32 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just uncheck the Ask each time ... and then use the skins tab to change skins.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 11:33 am
What I'd rather have is the option to enable setup profiles.

So I config my setup and save a profile, when VDJ starts, it asks me which one I want to use.

I work with setups where I have
1: DAC3, Gigaport AG
2: DAC3, Gigaport AG, Timecode, Videoskin
3: Xone:4D
4: Xone:4D, Timecode, Videoskin
5: Xone:4D, (Hopefully a pair of Denon 5500's or 3700's depending on native support)

I hate having to constantly mess with settings depending on the venue I'm in.
I just want to create profiles, turn on and select where I am (Short Names for setups)

Oh and an easier way to config my Xone:4D soundcard settings other than registry. (Incidentally, how do I do this on my MAC also?)

Ross

Posted Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 8:29 am
Good idea! Sometimes I use Virtual Vinyl with timecodes, sometimes I just use only an external mixer, and sometimes I just use the laptop by itself. All three scenarios us different sound setups and keyboard shortcuts. If VV would ask me which configuration I was planning to use at start-up it would save me some trouble.

Posted Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 9:12 am
DJ Ross M wrote :
What I'd rather have is the option to enable setup profiles.

So I config my setup and save a profile, when VDJ starts, it asks me which one I want to use.

I work with setups where I have
1: DAC3, Gigaport AG
2: DAC3, Gigaport AG, Timecode, Videoskin
3: Xone:4D
4: Xone:4D, Timecode, Videoskin
5: Xone:4D, (Hopefully a pair of Denon 5500's or 3700's depending on native support)

I hate having to constantly mess with settings depending on the venue I'm in.
I just want to create profiles, turn on and select where I am (Short Names for setups)

Oh and an easier way to config my Xone:4D soundcard settings other than registry. (Incidentally, how do I do this on my MAC also?)

Ross

No thats a good idea!! +1 on this!

Posted Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 9:32 am
Thanks Dan and Dizzy.
I ended up with this suggestion in two posts.
Hopefully others will agree it's a good idea and useful feature.
With a bit of luck Dev Team will add it to the list :)

Ross

Posted Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 8:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)