Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: COVER IMPROVEMENT

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well as much as I like the album covers, they get confusing to the eye, and when your scrolling through quickly you can't distinguish what it is. Or even stop to read the album cover, if it even has anything to read on it.

I would like to see for example, a fully open bar all the way down. Full big covers, with bolder letters as you scroll the artist name/ song title/ album will be seen just underneath the album. And be able to sort that in anyway or order you desire.

I just feel it would add to the album feature, whether its above or below the album covers. Im not sure exactly how, cause I have no knowledge in this topic but, something to this effect.

What do you think, as well as seeing the album cover just below in bolder glow like letters maybe, something that resembles Vista style possibly, just a thought guys????

I know your going to say that you can leave one bar open at the bottom of the page. To see the artist name/ song title/ etc, but the truth is you can't really see it very well. By the way, I have 20/20 vision............lol!!!!!!

And it just takes away from the cover flow look anyway, thanks for reading :)

Posted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 2:58 pm
Personally I find the cover flow feature really cool... and totally useless. It takes waaaay longer to find a track than just simply typing the title in title, or just look down the list. The best improvement Atomix could make to the cover flow feature is to remove it altogether and spend their time on developing features that are actually useful like, oh I dunno... adding a mono/stereo switch! Or the ability to write bpm's into ID3 tag!
(Don't mind me, having one of those days.)

Posted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 3:36 pm
Like you said it's a cool feature! Do we absolutly need it mmmm......... i guess not. But if we're going to have it on VDJ, might as well try and perfect it, as well as all of the other features.
Im not sure if you can visualize what im proposing, but it's simple what im saying. It won't take much to do it and it would definitly enhance the the album feature. Don't get me wrong, it's great but it would work alot better if they simply brought the bar all the way down then maybe you could right click it!
And switch to "album use", then the bar could turn into the search bar. The albums would be more legible and there would be artist name/ song title/ etc....
Whatever you would like to add underneath the covers in big bold lettering possibly, and as you scroll the album the the letters change with it according to the album.
I wish , I could put in some type of piicture but, im not pc literate like that...............lol

Posted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 6:21 pm
i must admit i like the cover flow feature. it helped me in the transition from vynil to virtual. simply because when i flick through my vynil i work of the cover, colour ect. now im fullly virtual (and my aboility to remember the name of songs has got better) would be nice if it could be disabled to allow the window to be fully filed with the search db. (i know you can pull the window up but it would free resorces if it didnt have to load all the images on the fly)

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 12:18 pm
mattpattie wrote :
i must admit i like the cover flow feature. it helped me in the transition from vynil to virtual. simply because when i flick through my vynil i work of the cover, colour ect. now im fullly virtual (and my aboility to remember the name of songs has got better) would be nice if it could be disabled to allow the window to be fully filed with the search db. (i know you can pull the window up but it would free resorces if it didnt have to load all the images on the fly)

You can certainly turn off the cover art by clicking the little circle in the upper right corner of the file list and uncheck "Show Covers". I always thought the cover feature was a bit silly in a professional level product but how you used it makes great sense. I didn't think about that :).

Posted Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 2:22 pm
I like the cover view, BUT, I have a request for another viewing option: as requested in another thread, I'd like to have the possibility to rate tracks by colors and stars.

Instead of the covers (which are always squared and left and right of them there's a lot of space) - or maybe beside them - just write the artist & title in BIG letters, maybe also the color of the label and the stars.

The reason for this: I'm standing in the club with my 15" MacBook Pro and if I'm looking for a song I have to go closer to the screen (and this is not because of the need of glasses ;) ), because the artists & titles are not big enough.

This could look someway like this:

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 3:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)