Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: US Distribution

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mikcerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK guys here it goes.

I've used the demo version for some time now and just love what it can do and have been reading as much info on the forums about this product and here's what I can tell so far:

1) There are plenty of users (registered & demo) here in the US.
2) There are no retailers here for us to buy from (TCV, Maya sound cards etc.)
3) This is the best DJ-ing software around when compared to FS or Dvinyl (bang for buck).

Now with that said I'd like for everyone to know that I've sent in a request to find out what it would take to become a retailer of the VDJ product and am waiting to hear back. I think it would get the ball rolling a whole lot faster if there was a huge positive response to what I was trying to do.......what do you think guys? How many of you DJ's out there would love to have a place in teh US to buy from??

PS - You will see me as a registered user very soon whether or not the deal goes through!

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 9:19 pm
It would be nice to have a retailer Stateside. But that is up to the powers to be at Atomix.

Oh yeah by the way...

The Demo only works for 20 days...

MS

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 9:23 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I live "here in the US" I bought VirtualDJ as well as several of the hardware peices right here from this web site, it's really quite easy.

Try it. Simply click the "buy" link above.

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 9:31 pm
Well of course the VDJ program itself can be bought on the website but would you like to pay around $60 (inc. shipping) for a TCV and have to wait several weeks or $35 and have it in a couple days??

BTW - I probably should'nt say but I am guilty of re-installing it a couple times :(

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 9:38 pm
Hey DJ Rick where are you from (which state)? I'd really like to get together with an experienced user once I buy the full version.

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 9:48 pm
Man, the staff should really consider this. A retailer that would carry TCV in the states would be HUGE. Please dont underestimate this. Many more peeps would buy it. Please consider it.
Im in south Florida.

Killabee44

Posted Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 5:23 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
economically we here in the US have way more disposible income than anywhere else in the world. the US retailers or US branch of vdj would make way more money here. u frenchies look at the $ side of things. dont sleep coz another software will pop up and youll miss in a lot of $ while ur product is hot.

the #1 reason i dont have this product is coz i cant go to a shop and feel the XP-10s by myself. that is the ONLY reason for me.

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 2:24 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Delaware

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 4:03 am
I think VDJ would take off big here. The reason I think more people haven't started using it is because there is no exposure. The plan I have in mind would do just that....throw it out in front of people....let them get a feel for it, try it out and see how easy it is to use whether your a "bedroom DJ" or a Pro. The only way I think it'll work (or at least in my favor to be profitable as a re-seller) is to have the TCV, Maya sound cards, XP10's, shirts, stickers and of course for the ladys....G-strings ;) IN STOCK and ready to ship.

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 5:48 pm
@ Mikcer
How long have u been using your demo version?

MS

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 6:19 pm
I've actually only used it maybe somewhere between 10-20 times but like I said above I am Guilty of re-installing because the 20 day limit expired between the times I used it. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure it's expired on my laptop it's installed on now. I'm going to buy the full version as soon as I get my laptop back....had to send it into emachines for some repairs on a broken screen hinge. FYI it's an M6809 laptop and in case you were wondering I don't use VDJ on a regular basis. I'm not a DJ....more of a salesman that knows a good thing when I see it!

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 6:51 pm
Here's what got me all excited about VDJ. I'm not a DJ but got hooked on what the demo could do. I then read everything I could on the forums and ran across DJ getdown's video. dammm that was dope! Now by this time my mind was racing with all kinds of ideal uses for this product and realized the potential. I felt that there was a big market for this product that wasn't being tapped here in the US. That's why I'd like to get with experienced users once I get all set up with my full version (once emachines gets my baby back to me) and learn what VDJ can really do with no restrictions.

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 7:09 pm
Lady's and Gents......I'm now an official user! Woohoo Time to throw a party....anyone know any good DJ's for the special event. Oh wait I'm now one :)

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 1:38 am
Congratulations and welcome to the VDJ family. I too have mentioned in the past that VDJ should consider selling directly in the US market. However, I don’t think the company is interested in this profitable endeavor:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=7013

Another idea that I have is for VDJ to sponsor a “Virtual DJ Scratch” contest at selected Guitar Centers. Last year, the Guitar Center had a turntable contest called the “2004 Spin Off”. Consequently, VDJ could sponsor its own contest. Certain US VDJs could assist with coordinating and judging the contest. Since the Guitar Center has tons of equipment on display, all VDJ would need to do is provide the software. This contest could also be used to sell the video/dvd with demo software included and timecoded vinyl package that I mentioned in another thread. DJs who buy this package would receive an entry form to participate in the “Virtual DJ Scratch” contest:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=8261&page=2

OO

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 2:17 am
Welcome to the community Sir!

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 2:37 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice to see another user :)

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 7:55 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Welcome aboard man

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 7:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)