Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV=time consuming vinyl - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Is the TCV going to be available in the neare future? Please, no soon's, as that word means a couple of months in these forums. Feel free to use "shortly", "tomorrow", "theire allready available" etc. Since you told redtruth they were to be available the previous week they can't be far away...

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 12:32 pm
shortly ;)

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 12:41 pm
tomorrow :-P

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 4:45 pm
"theire allready available" .....
oh wait....... NO THEY'RE NOT...!

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 4:48 pm
redtruth, just to let you know that the TCV won't work with your CRACKED version

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 4:50 pm
"redtruth, just to let you know that the TCV won't work with your CRACKED version"

lol lol That's THE answer!!!

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 8:37 pm
Well he has the dj console and maybe hes going to buy the full version as soon as the TCV's are available... riiight? :)

Posted Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 5:26 am
Well, it doesn't seem redtruth has the herc, anyway I will probably upgrade when the TCV becomes available, but alas, as things are looking out version three of vdj may very well be out when we actually see the long awaited wax... then again, I should have expected things to be to good to be true when I got my 1210's for free... "smirk"

Posted Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 1:49 pm
Honestly I was planning to buy the software when the TCV's were available but considering Atomix have taken ages and still no sign of availability I'm considering just going with Final Scratch.

I don't even know if there is a version 3 in the works? If so then it may be just worth waiting, but there's been no news so who knows what's going on.

Posted Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 5:05 pm
Why wait for version 3 when version 2 is already so much better then FS ? (not that i've tested it myself, but everybody else who has tested both FS and VDJ TCV prefer the latter over the former).

Posted Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 5:24 pm
First off- I think VDJ is better than all of them (that is, when it's stable) but if you REALLY NEED to get another program (because i know you don't WANT to) then I'd go with serato scratch live. That is another really killer dj program mainly because of it's stability and simplicity. It doesn't offer as much as VDJ but it is still very good. Much better than final scratch at least, or as some of us dub it- Final Crash.

Posted Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 5:32 pm
yes.. i have had chance to test them both, and i really wasn't impressed with Final Scratch.. it jus seemed all in all a bit boring... not tried serato scratch.. so i cant comment there

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 1:14 pm
im getting my 1200's this w/e and once im set up, ill give u guys the 411 on the TCV.
i have purchased all of them.
atomix, virtual dj, Hercules, skipped the XP-10s for the 1200's w m-447's and the vestax 06-samurai mixer setup on TCV... im pumped!!! can't wait.
watch out Robbie Rivera/Tiesto!!!
im smokin' =)~~~~

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 7:53 pm
I know it isn't that hard to get Vinyl pressed. So there must be some other issues with the lack of product availablity . So why dont you come clean and tell us whats really going on.I can only assume that there is a licenceing or copyright issues here.And you dont want us to assume do you.

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 1:17 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can there really be copyright issues with a recording that is essentially just a metronome?

If I had to guess, I'd say that Atomix is finding out why the company they chose to cut their records was cheaper than the competition: Delays...perhaps the first batch had quality issues...something like that.

I really feel for you all waiting on these, and even more so those professional DJ's hoping their current TCV's don't wear out before they can be replaced. First page of a Google search shows me companies that will master, plate, press, label, and sleeve a *tiny* run of only 100 records for less than $8 each and turn around is only 2 weeks. Atomix sells theirs for over $20, so what gives? Why not run an emergency printing that, granted, might not make you as much profit but will really help out your customers?

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 7:19 am
Hehe, I just received them today :-)))

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 1:52 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Really ?
Are they available ?

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 4:17 pm
I ordered mine yesterday, and they got shipped today... so at least some are available, but strangely no official "They're here!"-post in these forums...

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 9:21 pm
well waddaya know? yet another dj in norway has become a full p.e. user. feels kinda good

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 8:29 pm
joemaePRO InfinityMember since 2004
How long after you purchase should you get some kind of delivery info?

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 8:59 pm
80%